Hammocks on the balcony

matymil

23 hours ago, bfury said:

Cruise Hive published an article July 18th 2024 titled " Carnival Cruise Line Shuts Down One Popular Balcony Request".  It deals with hammocks and includes comments from John Heald.  Bottom line, hammocks are allowed on the ship but the are not allowed to be put up on the balconies because they are a safety hazard.

I’m going to guess it’s the people that leave them up when not in their cabin. We had “hooks” on the one connected end and we unhooked them, and rolled them tightly and tied them away in the corner of the balcony.  Again, these were VERY lightweight parachute type material that folding them up for storage they were so compact that they nearly fit in a jacket pocket.  I do understand the “escape” and safety  hazard,  and it’s too bad people can’t see why they should be stored away when not in the cabin. It was so amazing being able to relax on them instead of the uncomfortable chairs and therefore I will be bummed if they truly won’t allow them any longer after using them on so many cruises without issue. But I understand the reasons and rules. 

20 hours ago, Pyrate13 said:

Maybe it's just me but I don't see any comfort in being bent in half like a jackknife🤔. But oh well, to each their own.☺️

I would agree that they look more comfortable than the actual experience…

• Thanks 1

I was made to take one down while sailing with RC.  If the actual rule was that I could use it but had to take it down when not in use, I'm disappointed they didn't make that clearer.  It was lovely to have one to take to the islands though (except for the people who didn't realise it was ours and wanted their 'turn', and the stream of teenagers who wanted to borrow it for their Instagram photos!).  They are very comfortable and easy to nap in.

On 9/12/2024 at 6:15 PM, clairebearinaus said:

I was made to take one down while sailing with RC.  If the actual rule was that I could use it but had to take it down when not in use, I'm disappointed they didn't make that clearer.  It was lovely to have one to take to the islands though (except for the people who didn't realise it was ours and wanted their 'turn', and the stream of teenagers who wanted to borrow it for their Instagram photos!).  They are very comfortable and easy to nap in.

Great Idea

If I do this will def write my name on it.

Will def ake down when not in use onboard as well, good info

Edited by DeniseTr