Cooking classes and Rockstar perks

Flamma

I've booked my very first cruise! We'll do the Irresistible Med cruise on the Valiant Lady in one of the Sweet Aft Suites (regular Rockstar, not Mega Rockstar). We'll be going in June of next year so still a ways out, but I've been reading and watching videos just cause I'm so excited. I love how non-cruisey Virgin Voyages seems. Anyway -- I saw someone say that the delivery fee for roomservice is waived for Rockstar sailors, but I don't see that perk listed on VV's website. Can anyone who's been on VV as a Rockstar let me know if are there any other perks like this or just anything else I need to know of? Just want to make sure we don't miss out on anything.

Also, and are there cooking classes on board? I saw that mentioned in some news articles about this being offered in the Test Kitchen but they didn't have any more info and they're all from before the pandemic so... don't know if that ended up happening.

Thanks!

There is a "How to photograph food" class in Test Kitchen--you make a very simple item and then style it for the camera with instruction at all stages.  It really isn't a "cooking" class.

I don't know about waiving delivery fee for suites, but if you order anything that has a $5 charge, there is no delivery fee for any part of your order.  That probably doesn't help if you are in a suite as your specialty coffee, alcohol, smoothies, etc. are already included, at least in some levels of suites.  Bottom line, in a Sea Terrace, if I'm going to order room service, I'll add a specialty tea.  That gets me the tea and the delivery for a total of $5.

• Like 2

It is my understanding that the room service delivery fee is waived for all suites (although I cannot find it listed anywhere on VV website, I have read from some other reviews that this is the case).  And specialty coffee, alcohol, smoothies, etc. are only included with Mega Rockstar and not with the regular Rockstar which only gets a one time bar set up in the cabin.  

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Jaimscole said:

Anyone who has traveled as mega rockstar already, the $90 bottle limit, does that make the Moet $5 or do you just pay full price of $95 for the bottle for example?  

From what I have read if it is over the limit per glass/bottle you pay the whole price,  not just the difference .

• Like 2

17 hours ago, britincanada said:

you pay the whole price,  not just the difference

Yep, it’s kind of silly with the moet too, because you can get unlimited glasses of it, just not a full bottle at once!

• Like 1

I was a regular Rockstar in April on Scarlet Lady and indeed the room service delivery fee was waived, regardless of whether your order had a charge or not. We ordered a few different times and it was free, aka included in fare 😉 . We tried to tip each time and only once did the person stick around long enough to accept it. 

as others have said, first round of mini bar is included. Rockstar agent said they don’t care if you actually drink it, the bottles are yours to take. 

Be sure to check your app messages a few times a day. Our rockstar agent invited us to a “top secret” bridge tour which was “limited availability”. This message only came through the app. I have a feeling all rock stars had a chance to go, but still a good idea to check your messages periodically. 

other than that, we didn’t get any other perks that aren’t already known about. I’m sure we could have asked for more, but we didn’t need anything else.

• Like 2

On 5/22/2022 at 3:11 AM, britincanada said:

From what I have read if it is over the limit per glass/bottle you pay the whole price,  not just the difference .

I can confirm that this is the case (Valiant Lady 2-15 May)
You pay the whole amount if over not a difference. So althought the Moet is free by the glass and you can also enjoy the Champagne Hour on Richard's Rofftop (4:30-6:00pm) daily. If you want a Rose Champagne you have to pay

Can someone clarify the Moet by the glass. Aside from the 5:30-7:00pm free champagne at RR do Rockstar Suite guests get complimentary champagne by the glass throughout the cruise?

Rockstar guests only get the one time mini bar setup and the Moët by the glass at RR daily between 5:30-7pm. They also got some free drinks on arrival day in the Manor. Mega Rockstar guests get the $25 per drink allowance for the entire sailing as well as 2 bottles <$90 per day.