WC 2025

Silver Spectre

I appreciate its a bit early to post about this, however BM has just confirmed that this will be undertaken by the Silver Dawn. There was a sneak preview to the current WC'ers as they reach their final port tomorrow.

Based on the fact that 2023 and 2024 are currently on wait list for the full WC this is probably seen as a logical step by SS Senior management, but it will mean that the WC will no longer be able to sail up the river to Seville, Bordeaux and probably Greenwich. Places such as Yangon and Saigon become long bus rides away from the port and I wonder if the ship will be deemed too large for an Antarctic visit.

2022 had about 190 onboard when it sailed and it remains to be seen just how many actually take 2023.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Silver Spectre said:

I wonder if the ship will be deemed too large for an Antarctic visit

It can do a "sail by" visit, but wouldn't be allowed to do any landings if the number of passengers was above 500. While Dawn can accommodate 596 guests, they could certainly limit it to under 500. However, since Dawn is not equipped with zodiacs for landings, I'm not sure whether it would be doing anything but scenic cruising in the region. 

On 5/20/2022 at 2:58 PM, Silver Spectre said:

I appreciate its a bit early to post about this, however BM has just confirmed that this will be undertaken by the Silver Dawn. There was a sneak preview to the current WC'ers as they reach their final port tomorrow.

Based on the fact that 2023 and 2024 are currently on wait list for the full WC this is probably seen as a logical step by SS Senior management, but it will mean that the WC will no longer be able to sail up the river to Seville, Bordeaux and probably Greenwich. Places such as Yangon and Saigon become long bus rides away from the port and I wonder if the ship will be deemed too large for an Antarctic visit.

2022 had about 190 onboard when it sailed and it remains to be seen just how many actually take 2023.

FYI  We were in Bordeaux last week on the Regent Splendor, size wise larger than the Dawn, but no problem for the centre of Bordeaux

6 hours ago, beaujolais said:

FYI  We were in Bordeaux last week on the Regent Splendor, size wise larger than the Dawn, but no problem for the centre of Bordeaux

Apologies, I had forgotten that the Moon was docked in the centre of Bordeaux a couple of weeks ago, so no problems there for the Dawn.

New information according to www.cruiseindustrynews.com

WC 2025

Silver Dawn

136 days

Tokyo to New York.

Edited by Ravbo
fingers can't spell

3 hours ago, Ravbo said:

New information according to www.cruiseindustrynews.com

WC 2025

Silver Dawn

136 days

Tokyo to New York.

Silversea posted the same on their various social media pages today.  Zero details on itinerary and price though.