Fit-to-fly on-board testing, where is CEL?

bubbapk1

We are scheduled for Fit-to-fly on the APEX when it arrives in Amsterdam. The email we received says we are confirmed for 6:45 at CEL - APEX - on-ship sampling station. Does anyone know where this is?

While I don't have any experience the reports I am hearing is that it is done at the terminal.     But I could be wrong with the wording ON-SHIP Sampling,

The reason I have read is that Celebrity wants you off the ship if you test positive so they don't have to provide you the opportunity to stay aboard (if tested positive during the cruise) or provide additional help.   Once off the ship your on your own.  

Edited by Jim_Iain
  • Like 3

On 5/21/2022 at 11:32 AM, bubbapk1 said:

We are scheduled for Fit-to-fly on the APEX when it arrives in Amsterdam. The email we received says we are confirmed for 6:45 at CEL - APEX - on-ship sampling station. Does anyone know where this is?

Who is the email from? Celebrity?

It is very poor I think to debark people first.....it tells its own story about the numbers they expect to be positive I think. In the past I have always thought the company would look after me but right now he drive seems to be keep sailing.

Tip for future, take your own kit to do on board before you debark. We always do an ordinary antigen test before the proctored one to know where we stand. Download hotel tonight so you have somewhere to go if the worst happens so you'll at least have some thinking time. Think very carefully about officially reporting anything as it limits your options, unless you need medical attention of course!

• Like 1

We are booked on the June 11 Edge sailing. Our plan is to spend 3 nights post-cruise in London. We have packed many Covid tests, both proctored and unproctored.

We plan to take unproctored tests both before getting off the ship and while in London.  

In the event that we test positive in London, should we get the antibody test at a local clinic or pharmacy there so that the positive result is documented and the clock starts for the recovery certificate?

1 hour ago, Honeybadger418 said:

We are booked on the June 11 Edge sailing. Our plan is to spend 3 nights post-cruise in London. We have packed many Covid tests, both proctored and unproctored.

We plan to take unproctored tests both before getting off the ship and while in London.  

In the event that we test positive in London, should we get the antibody test at a local clinic or pharmacy there so that the positive result is documented and the clock starts for the recovery certificate?

It isnt an antibody test is it? I thought you needed a pcr test.