Does Bermuda accept a certificate of recovery?

catspaw1

I can't find anything on the Bermuda site to see if they accept a certificate of recovery. Does anyone know? Someone said they do not. I will, of course,  call Bermuda on Monday. I know Celebrity accepts it as I checked. I'm hoping I don't test positive.  I understand from a lab tech friend that you can test positive for over a month once you have it. We leave in less than two weeks!

Just now, earlydiner said:

I asked Bermuda if their office was open Saturdays and Sundays and the answer was YES.

Yes I just saw online they are opened tomorrow so I will call to verify. If this is the case, Celebrity clearly needs to indicate this on their site. Otherwise, there will be many people who can't go. I will post what the response will be from Bermuda. 

Just now, Suzanne123 said:

How long ago were you positive?  Maybe test yourself with one of those free govt. Covid tests?  You might be negative and worrying unnecessarily.

Home test positive may 18, PCR test may 19. I was lucky to get pavalox so feeling better already but oh boy, thus would be cutting it very close  if I have to test negative. No sense testing this soon- will wait a week. Thank goodness we are not flying! 

1 minute ago, Arizona Wildcat said:

The Bermuda website states they do not accept a certificate of recovery.   Several others the same in the Caribbean. 

I did not see anywhere on the Bermuda site any mention about a certificate of recovery but clearly Celebrity does. Celebrity says you can go but doesn't get country specific. 

I'm not a doctor but I've read of rebound covid cases among those who did not finish the anti-viral as prescribed.   Some stop taking it as soon as they feel better. This is not medical advice. 

28 minutes ago, Suzanne123 said:

This policy says you may just not be able to disembark in those countries not allowing it. But you would be able to board the ship. I will speak to the horses mouth tomorrow & report back. I'm praying I just test negative next week!

6 minutes ago, JFontaine said:

I'm not a doctor but I've read of rebound covid cases among those who did not finish the anti-viral as prescribed.   Some stop taking it as soon as they feel better. This is not medical advice. 

There is no way I would not complete the 5 day treatment- I'm halfway finished now. It's like the same people who don't complete the full dosage of antibiotics.  Ain't gonna happen with this gal!! I want to go on the cruise. BTW, I always wear an N95 mask anytime inside & have no idea how I got this 

• Like 1

Interesting that Bermuda changed the rules today - a covid test result no longer has to be uploaded to their site. They are relying on what the cruise ship reviews. My guess is that this is too new for you to get a definitive answer tomorrow.   I'd wait. Good luck 

7 minutes ago, JFontaine said:

Interesting that Bermuda changed the rules today - a covid test result no longer has to be uploaded to their site. They are relying on what the cruise ship reviews. My guess is that this is too new for you to get a definitive answer tomorrow.   I'd wait. Good luck 

Good point. Especially since it's a weekend & things seem to be changing every day with covid. I'll wait till Friday  & call then. The dust should settle by then.

Reading the Bermuda site again for the 20th time & it clearly says negative covid test needed. We have already applied so let's wait & see what happens. I would like to know if they reject me the day before the cruise so I don't drive us for nothing! This is all very confusing. I just pray I test negative may 31.

1 hour ago, catspaw1 said:

I can't find anything on the Bermuda site to see if they accept a certificate of recovery. Does anyone know? Someone said they do not. I will, of course,  call Bermuda on Monday. I know Celebrity accepts it as I checked. I'm hoping I don't test positive.  I understand from a lab tech friend that you can test positive for over a month once you have it. We leave in less than two weeks!

No

Called and asked this question as well as e-mailed on May 19th and got the following reply:

Good day ,

Currently we do not accept recent recovery documents for visitors .

Kind regards ,

Jordan Dill

COVID-19 Response Team 

Government of Bermuda | Department of Health

Continental Building | 25 Church Street | Hamilton, Bermuda HM 12

P.O. Box HM 1195 l Hamilton, Bermuda HM EX 

Direct Telephone: 441 444 2498 | Email: coronavirus@gov.bm 

Bermuda only accepts Certificate of Recovery from their residents.

celebrity accepts them to let you board…..  now that Bermuda does not make you upload proof of negative test, I don't know what cross referencing they do with Celebrity to find out who boarded without test, instead showing a Certificate of Recovery.

1 hour ago, medskis said:

celebrity accepts them to let you board

They shouldn't allow you on the ship unless you've complied with Bermuda's protocols. What you're seeing on Celebrity's website about being allowed to board but not disembark in Bermuda  appears to be misinformation. 

• 1 month later...