Terms and conditions post cruise requirement

Tony UK

Funny how I read through the terms and conditions for our next booking when a friend has had on board problems.....

DID YOU KNOW that if you develop covid symptoms or test positive within 14 days of the end of your sailing you are required to report to Celebrity as soon as possible in addition to your local health authority.(version December 2021)

I had been critical of no follow up.....now I know it is down to all of us to provide the information!!

31 minutes ago, Tony UK said:

Funny how I read through the terms and conditions for our next booking when a friend has had on board problems.....

DID YOU KNOW that if you develop covid symptoms or test positive within 14 days of the end of your sailing you are required to report to Celebrity as soon as possible in addition to your local health authority.(version December 2021)

I had been critical of no follow up.....now I know it is down to all of us to provide the information!!

With all different swaps and changes to rules I think all of us seem to be reading the latest versions (including small print) before we hit that final payment date!

I wonder if you do inform Celebrity they will actually process or use the data to make informed decisions? I guess if they leave the requirement in the ‘small print’ so no one reads or responds then it will make cruising look safer…

• Like 2

I tested positive on Celebrity on April 29th and Celebrity didn't notify anyone and told me that since were in UK where they have all been eliminated all covid restrictions I didn't need to do anything except isolate at my discretion.

We also tested with Navica and both failed.    Within minutes we received a text and e-mail from our home health department in California asking us to isolate and fill out a close contact questionnaire.   Thought it was rather stupid as we weren't even in the United States but complied.

28 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

I tested positive on Celebrity on April 29th and Celebrity didn't notify anyone and told me that since were in UK where they have all been eliminated all covid restrictions I didn't need to do anything except isolate at my discretion.

We also tested with Navica and both failed.    Within minutes we received a text and e-mail from our home health department in California asking us to isolate and fill out a close contact questionnaire.   Thought it was rather stupid as we weren't even in the United States but complied.

You should have replied your contacts included Mr Haggis and Mr Glenfiddich…

• Haha 3

11 hours ago, Tony UK said:

I did report my positive three days after the end of my Edge cruise but I never received an email or call back from Celebrity.  I also reported my positive to the CDC through the V-Safe app and they did call me back.  I was really impressed and had a long talk with the lady that called me about cruise ship's protocols, including the fact that post cruise positives are not being reported. 😉

FYI someone on a FB group shared this email to report the post cruise positives:  

celebrityengagementcenter@celebrity.com