Luggage Forward experience?

We have used both Luggage Forward and Luggage Free to the ship with no problems. Have never used them from the ship to home. I would think it could be arranged from the ship if you give them enough lead time.

• Thanks 1

We are currently using Luggage Forward for our upcoming cruise in a few days.  We arranged the service awhile ago.  The sent us our luggage tags about 10 or so days prior to pickup and the package included our return shipment from the ship.    I even added a 3rd bag for return, no problems.   The people are extremely nice!   I shoot them a question by email and I get at least one response within an hour or so.  

The pickup went as planned.  You don’t even have to be there.  You can leave your luggage on your front doorstep if you want.  

They tell me upon disembarkation in Southampton, the well have a representative waiting.  We simply hand him/her our luggage and we’re done.  

Again, our first experience, but so far they seem to be outstanding. 

As for arranging on board, you will have to set it up yourself, as far as I know, Regent won’t do it.  But you simply go on line and set up the service.  They told me that they only needed about 24 hours notice if I wanted to add an additional bag (we decided to just add it early), and their representative would have all the paperwork.  I would let them know as soon as possible though. 

Go on their website and ask via email how much notice they need to set up a post cruise pickup. 

Edited by papaflamingo
  • Thanks 1

Good advice. Thanks. I will reach out to them about the return from Southampton. I hesitate to pre-book just in case we test positive for Covid before our flight back to the US. I should also ask about their refund policy.

Can anyone report on whether we need to include Regent luggage tag on bags being shipped to ship?  Luggage Forward said to remove all other tags but theirs; however, don't know if that is meant to preclude Regent tag.

thanks,

Marc

3 hours ago, mrlevin said:

Can anyone report on whether we need to include Regent luggage tag on bags being shipped to ship?  Luggage Forward said to remove all other tags but theirs; however, don't know if that is meant to preclude Regent tag.

thanks,

Marc

We put the Regent tags on prior to pick up for the world cruise. The luggage is sent directly to your stateroom, so there would be no way to know where it goes without the tags.

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, asnaleah said:

Good advice. Thanks. I will reach out to them about the return from Southampton. I hesitate to pre-book just in case we test positive for Covid before our flight back to the US. I should also ask about their refund policy.

It’s fully refundable if you cancel prior to pickup date.  There will be a small fee if luggage tags have been issued.  Here is a quote from their website:

”Cancellations requested prior to the original scheduled pickup date will be eligible for a full refund….A reprocessing fee of up to $25 may apply if new luggage tags are shipped to you.” 

If your only hesitation is the possibility of testing positive on the Covid cruise, I’d go ahead and book.  That way you’ll have your Tags with you and wont’ have to worry about them having them at the pier.  Just easier and cleaner in my opinion.