Do we have to register teens for teen program?

Hello!  We will be on the Wonder of the Seas next month with our 13 and 15 year olds.  Do we have to register them for the Teen Program on the first day of our cruise, like we did for the kids' club when they were little?  Or do they just come and go as they please?  For some reason I can't find the answer to this question anywhere!

Thank you!

49 minutes ago, hmbc1977 said:

Hello!  We will be on the Wonder of the Seas next month with our 13 and 15 year olds.  Do we have to register them for the Teen Program on the first day of our cruise, like we did for the kids' club when they were little?  Or do they just come and go as they please?  For some reason I can't find the answer to this question anywhere!

Thank you!

They just come and go as they please

16 minutes ago, Jkaczanowski said:

You don’t have to go to register them, but the teens need to check in at the teen lounge to get a wristband before they attend any teen activities located elsewhere on the ship (teen flowrider, climbing, etc).  

Agree. We just did this few weeks ago with my Grand Daughter about hr after Boarding

3 hours ago, Jkaczanowski said:

You don’t have to go to register them, but the teens need to check in at the teen lounge to get a wristband before they attend any teen activities located elsewhere on the ship (teen flowrider, climbing, etc).  

Thanks!  Do you mean they have to check in once and get a wristband (once) that is good throughout the cruise to do activities throughout the ship, or do they have to check in at the teen lounge before every teen activity they're going to do if that activity is located elsewhere on the ship?

13 minutes ago, hmbc1977 said:

Thanks!  Do you mean they have to check in once and get a wristband (once) that is good throughout the cruise to do activities throughout the ship, or do they have to check in at the teen lounge before every teen activity they're going to do if that activity is located elsewhere on the ship?

They get the wristband and wear it for the remainder of the cruise and then just come and go as they wish.

6 weeks ago, one check in to get the band and that was it. We went about 90 min after boarding the ship. The band allowed them to access other activities on ship throughout the cruise. Things keep evolving and I am not sure if there have been any changes. Just ask at sign up/check in. They made the teen programming fun for the kids. Hope y'all have a great cruise. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, sandy toes said:

6 weeks ago, one check in to get the band and that was it. We went about 90 min after boarding the ship. The band allowed them to access other activities on ship throughout the cruise. Things keep evolving and I am not sure if there have been any changes. Just ask at sign up/check in. They made the teen programming fun for the kids. Hope y'all have a great cruise. 

Glad to hear they make it fun!  My 14 year old daughter is just sure it's going to be awful.  Haha.  As does my 11 year old.  They wish they could stay together, sigh.

34 minutes ago, texasweather said:

Glad to hear they make it fun!  My 14 year old daughter is just sure it's going to be awful.  Haha.  As does my 11 year old.  They wish they could stay together, sigh.

The separation of siblings, cousins, or even friends that travel together always causes issues. We have an 11 year old and she wants to be allowed with a 13 year old and she can't. It used to be worse, back a few years. Also, it is bad when you have a 17 year old and a 19 year old. They can do NOTHING together. The 19 year old (considered an adult) is not allowed anywhere near the kids activities and the 17 year old can't enter the adult dance clubs. When they are brother/sister it makes it rough. 

• Like 1