What are you looking forward to the most!

Just now, OzKiwiJJ said:

But you have to look to see if it's time to go to the MDR three times a day 🤣 unless, of course, you prefer the buffet.

We get on as passengers and get off as cargo 😂😂😂😂

2 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

I like to hold a book. Peter has a kindle but it hasn't interested me.

Re bathroom light - At home we have an LED light that is permanently in the power point. It only activates when the light level is quite low. I am considering taking it with us but because it is designed for Aussie power points we might have to plug it into an adaptor. I expect there will be Aust power points in the cabin, but on the Sea/Sun/Dawn Princess I don't think there was one in the bathroom.

I think the only point in bathroom was the shaver one. 

3 minutes ago, Cbtours said:

Sounds good. I’ll put it on my investigation list. It’s good to have a present bucket list in case the kids ask lol

I'd be happy to lend you one of our spares for a few days on the 26th June cruise if you want to try it. 

• Like 1

Just now, OzKiwiJJ said:

I'd be happy to lend you one of our spares for a few days on the 26th June cruise if you want to try it. 

That’s very kind of you, but I’d be scared something would happen to it. I’ll investigate options though and of course can check the library for left behind paperbacks if I run out. 

4 minutes ago, Cbtours said:

That’s very kind of you, but I’d be scared something would happen to it. I’ll investigate options though and of course can check the library for left behind paperbacks if I run out. 

When COVID appeared in the world, the library was emptied out. There may not be any paperbacks left there. There weren't on our last cruise in early 2020.

• Like 1

Just now, Aus Traveller said:

When COVID appeared in the world, the library was emptied out. There may not be any paperbacks left there. There weren't on our last cruise in early 2020.

Good to have the heads up then!

34 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

On a cruise, you can order as many courses as you want. 🙂 My standard order on formal night when beef Wellington and lobster are both on the menu, is to order both.

I have heard that. But I worry about coming across as being a bit greedy ordering 2 mains for myself since my partner isn't a fan of shellfish. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Cbtours said:

So you mean portion sizes onboard or at your local???

Portion sizes at the restaurants I've been to around Sydney have been shrinking so I am kind of assuming that the same is happening onboard. Probably not a bad thing since I have a tendency to overindulge on holidays!

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Snoopkat said:

I have heard that. But I worry about coming across as being a bit greedy ordering 2 mains for myself since my partner isn't a fan of shellfish. 

You can just add the lobster tail to your main when it’s available, you don’t have to have the whole second main.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Snoopkat said:

I just smile sweetly - I can do that when I want to - and ask if I can have the lobster at an entree and the Beef Wellington as a main.

• Like 3

Just now, Aus Traveller said:

I just smile sweetly - I can do that when I want to - and ask if I can have the lobster at an entree and the Beef Wellington as a main.

I like your style!!!

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Cbtours said:

It’s something I’ve never even looked at. I regularly borrow library books which of course I’d never take when air/cruise travel just in case something happened to them. But it’s worth the thought! Cos im a speed reader too 🥳

I used to only borrow library books because I am a speed reader and like the feel of a physical book and so have resisted Kindle for the longest time. When COVID hit and ebooks became a thing, I had to transition to digital books and now plan on having a few ebooks on the iPad. There is the Overdrive/Libby apps that the libraries use which are pretty good and have decent ebook selections.

Edited by Snoopkat
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Snoopkat said:

I used to only borrow library books because I am a speed reader and like the feel of a physical book and so have resisted Kindle for the longest time. When COVID hit and ebooks became a thing, I had to transition to digital books and now plan on having a few ebooks on the iPad. There is the Overdrive/Libby apps that the libraries use which are pretty good and have decent ebook selections.

Thanks. I do have an iPad. Do the reader apples like kindle have the special none blue light type feature and low lighting or is that just the kindle feature. I might check it out tonight!

20 minutes ago, Cbtours said:

Thanks. I do have an iPad. Do the reader apples like kindle have the special none blue light type feature and low lighting or is that just the kindle feature. I might check it out tonight!

My iPad is set to dark mode which makes it easier to read and my Overdrive app is set to the same mode. I think you can set up different reading modes in the app itself from memory.

Also, Overdrive is the older version of the Libby app. I have Overdrive on my iPad and Libby on my iPhone. Personally I prefer Overdrive as I found Libby to be a bit glitchy but hopefully they have fixed the bugs.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Cbtours said:

Well at least we could meet up and I can let you have a good look at one, check out all the features etc.

• Like 1

For Uncle Les, all the above, I just love everything about cruise ships, but generally, the food and grog, the service, the entertainment, the facilities on board, the ports and the sea days.   Not having to make the bed or cook and wash up.

My next ship...HAL's Westerdam.

noordam.jpg.b98bec355e69c7d595e00395fe5b999f.jpg

Edited by NSWP
  • Like 2

39 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

When they used to also have pheasant on that night I'd order the lobster as my appetiser and the pheasant as my main.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

When they used to also have pheasant on that night I'd order the lobster as my appetiser and the pheasant as my main.

I've never had pheasant!!!! Does it taste like crocodile? Chicken lol

Just now, Cbtours said:

I've never had pheasant!!!! Does it taste like crocodile? Chicken lol

It's a game bird with a distinct flavour but very nice. Sort of like turkey but even more savoury. I rarely get a chance to have it these days. When I lived in NZ I used to go to a restaurant occasionally that often had roast pheasant on their menu. I very rarely see it on Sydney menus so I was delighted to find it on Princess menus in the past. I'm not sure it will still be available now.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

It's a game bird with a distinct flavour but very nice. Sort of like turkey but even more savoury. I rarely get a chance to have it these days. When I lived in NZ I used to go to a restaurant occasionally that often had roast pheasant on their menu. I very rarely see it on Sydney menus so I was delighted to find it on Princess menus in the past. I'm not sure it will still be available now.

Princess tucker is good Julie,  but you should give Holland America ago, their cuisine is at another level.

Edited by NSWP
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, NSWP said:

Princess tucker is good Julie,  but you should give Holland America ago, their cuisine is at another level.

We have been on a couple of HAL cruises, one very long. I can't recall that their food was much better. I was impressed with their Las Vegas style shows.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, NSWP said:

We might one day, just for a change. I had them on my short list a couple of years before Covid hit but they weren't the ideal match for what we wanted at the time.

3 hours ago, Cbtours said:

I am MOST looking forward to now having to decide what we are eating (which is the hardest bit), shop for that food, make that food, clean up after making the food!!!! For every meal, snack, drink, morning or afternoon tea for 17 whole days! I am not going to make the bed (which I incidentally never do because last one out makes it in our house hehehe. OR do any housework. No wonder I love cruising lol.

We yes all great things to look forward to, so all of them plus one other small little luxury......

Being able sit veg'ing in a lounge chair feet stretched out, and not feeling guilty or worrying what Hil is looking for to keep me busy.🥺

Hil will enjoy doing it as well (the sitting and relaxing), god knows I keep her busy, feeding me, and keeping me clean (Ah that clothes wise, not washing me!).

But there is something she will miss, and that is good coffee, she can't start the day without her morning cupper. (cruise staff just can't come to grips with an aussie flat white).

• Haha 1

I am most looking forward to testing negative on our pre-cruise RAT. Till then, I have put much of our thoughts of what to do aboard on hold.

I am looking forward to catching up with several friends we have cruised with over the years, as well as imagining the big smiles under the facemasks of the crew. Then to start each day with eggs benny,  end it with creme brule, and enjoy every minute between.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1