Food onboard question

iamenu

Can anyone confirm whether Silversea ships (specifically, the shadow) keep lactose free milk on board.  If not, can I hand carry a carton onboard through port security (Vancouver)? Thanks. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, iamenu said:

Most of the ships seem to offer soy or almond only! 

Wait.  What?  Aren’t those options what you seek, i.e. lactose free milk?

Soy milk, because it comes from plants, contains no lactose.  And, almond milk, does not contain lactose, since it is not an animal product.

1 hour ago, Stumblefoot said:

Wait.  What?  Aren’t those options what you seek, i.e. lactose free milk?

Soy milk, because it comes from plants, contains no lactose.  And, almond milk, does not contain lactose, since it is not an animal product.

Stumbles  .. I think  the OP is talking about real cows milk without the lactose  ....

"Pauls Zymil Full Cream Milk is 100% Australian milk, lactose free dairy milk that is easy to digest.
At Pauls, we love dairy. We're pretty passionate about making great tasting products packed with real dairy goodness. We put that devotion into every Pauls milk, cream, custard and yoghurt we make. Milk is a natural source of protein, vitamins and minerals essential for good health. Rich in calcium, Pauls Zymil is simply milk which is easy to digest (As part of a healthy and varied diet, consuming Zymil instead of regular milk helps ease digestion in those who are sensitive to lactose). Plus Pauls Zymil is lactose free and made from real milk so it has all of the natural goodness of regular milk. Lactose free, easy to digest and rich in calcium.

It comes in fresh and long-life varieties."

6 hours ago, rojaan19 said:

Stumbles  .. I think  the OP is talking about real cows milk without the lactose…

Ah, you may be right, Rojann.  

When the OP asked about “lactose free milk”, I had no idea they specifically wanted lactose free cows milk. 

7 hours ago, rojaan19 said:

Correct, asking about real milk without lactose, like lactaid.  I can’t eat nuts, and soy or coconut milk just taste funky.  If the ship doesn’t have actual lactose free cow’s milk can I hand carry a carton on board?  I was allowed to on a Viking cruise from San Juan, but it was confiscated when I tried on an NCL cruise from New Orleans. 

• 2 weeks later...