eMed BinaxNOW Proctored Tests

yogagal47

8 hours ago, uktog said:

Unfortunately I have read a report elsewhere that the Chronomics results were not accepted by Azamara at the weekend and guests were made to pay the $59 at the port (Athens) for a retest.  This inconsistency is getting beyond a joke!

I am going to show them my email from Kayla @ Azamara if they try to give me a hard time. Meanwhile-they could avoid the aggravation by having better communication and consistency across their staff. By the way, A friend boarded A Cunard ship for the crossing @ the Brooklyn Pier yesterday and said it was so bad it was farcical!  Hopefully Athens embarkation on June 17 won't be too bad. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, uktog said:

Unfortunately I have read a report elsewhere that the Chronomics results were not accepted by Azamara at the weekend and guests were made to pay the $59 at the port (Athens) for a retest.  This inconsistency is getting beyond a joke!

Yes, we read that too, however looking at my Azamara Guest Ticket booklet for my upcoming cruise clearly states “The negative test result must be from a test laboratory or a licensed testing site. At-home or self-testing kits without a test certificate are not accepted.”

Chronomics provide a test certificate which we had printed out and used for our recent Onward cruise without difficulty. We will use this again as planned. We have a fall back of taking one at our hotel if more reliable information to the contrary becomes available. What is not clear from the posts made on Facebook is whether the Athens boarding check in staff are using the 24hour rule or previous day rule to refuse the test. The original poster did not give the reason why her test was not valid. We have our fingers crossed!  

• Like 4

It is really ironic that Azamara is not accepting the eMed BinaxNOW (proctored) tests, since Silversea (the cruise line that bumped them out of the Royal Caribbean Group) not only accepts them but recommends them and links directly to them:

For your convenience, we offer the following optional service:

• Monitored Self-Test Kit – Abbott Binaxnow™ COVID-19 AG Card. The Optum COVID-19 Ag Card Home test allows you to complete your post-cruise testing onboard, or any place of your choosing, with the help of live video supervision by a Certified Testing Guide. We recommend that you order the kit/s at least one full week in advance of your sailing. Your results are typically ready in about 15 minutes. To order, please click here.

If you develop COVID-19 symptoms after disembarking the ship, you should self-isolate and seek immediate medical care, sharing your travel history with the health care provider and a Silversea representative.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2858285-covid-testing-before-disembarkation-has-been-eliminated-in-vancouver/#comment-63361445

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

It is really ironic that Azamara is not accepting the eMed BinaxNOW (proctored) tests, since Silversea (the cruise line that bumped them out of the Royal Caribbean Group) not only accepts them but recommends them and links directly to them:

For your convenience, we offer the following optional service:

• Monitored Self-Test Kit – Abbott Binaxnow™ COVID-19 AG Card. The Optum COVID-19 Ag Card Home test allows you to complete your post-cruise testing onboard, or any place of your choosing, with the help of live video supervision by a Certified Testing Guide. We recommend that you order the kit/s at least one full week in advance of your sailing. Your results are typically ready in about 15 minutes. To order, please click here.

If you develop COVID-19 symptoms after disembarking the ship, you should self-isolate and seek immediate medical care, sharing your travel history with the health care provider and a Silversea representative.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2858285-covid-testing-before-disembarkation-has-been-eliminated-in-vancouver/#comment-63361445

I used one before boarding a short Royal Caribbean Cruise last December no problem. Hoping it is not an issue when we show up in Athens next Saturday!

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

Luckily you won't need them to come home!  Now I need to book more cruises to use up the tests I pre-bought, since I only need them to board...

Have the rules changed to enter america ? I'm Australian travelling to America in September

1 hour ago, terry&mike said:

Boarded Quest today with Negative test certificates from Proctored eMed tests we took yesterday afternoon. All fine. Took them in the hotel room in Madrid, using hotels Wi-Fi, through the app. 

Same here, used proctored test results and simply showed our email results. No issues.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/31/2022 at 6:27 PM, mdpa said:

I haven’t used mine, but I placed an order for (6) BinaxNow tests after seeing them recommended on “The Points Guy” and the “United Airline” site. Cost $170 with express shipping, received the next day. Technically the tests are $25 each but my insurer (Cigna) let me submit the form for reimbursement, so my cost will be $0.

https://thepointsguy.com/news/at-home-covid-testing-travel/

I like the idea that I am in complete control, and will manage everything from our hotel room. If something doesn’t work, we still can get tested in a traditional manner.

In control of everything but poor wifi! 

On 6/2/2022 at 4:59 PM, emerald6273 said:

I just clarified accepted Covid testing procedures with Azamara. In relation to a medically supervised Antigen Covid test by skype/video call prior to cruise, this method is not accepted by Azamara. Both customer service agent and supervisor told me that proctored video test unacceptable as swabbing was not physically completed by a medical professional. Azamara deem them to be self tests. Pretty disappointing. 

That would make all the drive through test in the US invalid too! 

On 6/3/2022 at 10:26 AM, laurieb said:

I’ve had tests at cvs pharmacy before where they had me do my own swabbing.  I’m no medical professional.  It’s no different than the these.

Is it possible the difference is the country?  Barbados in January required a nasopharyngeal swab which are done by medical personnel.  That’s what we got in Venice, but not by design. In Rome they were doing the return to US with the regular swabs.