Another Moveup Question

samplecd02

I am on the Celebrity Solstice in a Celebrity Suite for an Alaska cruise in end of August so my final payment has already passed. There are  no other suites above me available. Is it possible that they will open up the RS or the PS suite for a moveup or is it that those are already booked and will only become available if someone cancels? Thanks!

Edited by samplecd02

Yes it is possible and we got a PS suite on one cruise.   

I also got a visit from the Upgrade Fairy on our last cruise to a RS.    With the Cruise With Confidence in place people can still cancel up to 48 hours prior to sailing and get a full refund or FCC. 

The night before the cruise I got a call from Celebrity that the guest in the RS had tested positive and had to cancel and they were upgrading us to a RS for free as the ship was already closed.    It was too late  for Celebrity do do anything so all the changes had to be done at check-in including writing our new cabin number on our luggage tags.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

Yes it is possible and we got a PS suite on one cruise.   

I also got a visit from the Upgrade Fairy on our last cruise to a RS.    With the Cruise With Confidence in place people can still cancel up to 48 hours prior to sailing and get a full refund or FCC. 

The night before the cruise I got a call from Celebrity that the guest in the RS had tested positive and had to cancel and they were upgrading us to a RS for free as the ship was already closed.    It was too late  for Celebrity do do anything so all the changes had to be done at check-in including writing our new cabin number on our luggage tags.

How can I get on that list to get called? I am brand new to Celebrity so I dont have any leeway with the Captains Club

17 minutes ago, samplecd02 said:

How can I get on that list to get called? I am brand new to Celebrity so I dont have any leeway with the Captains Club

It would take a lot of cruises to get on that list.😊

• Like 1

On 5/31/2022 at 5:17 PM, samplecd02 said:

I don't think there is a list or a phone number.    We had bid on an upgrade that had been rejected the day before.   We were also already on a B2B2B and were in the same RS for the other two cruises so may have had something to do with it.    The Shore-side Concierge was the one who called us and then said that it set up a chain of upgrades -  someone with a SS got our CS and probably a AQ got the SS

• Like 1

1 hour ago, samplecd02 said:

A RS opened up this morning. Grabbed it rather than waiting for a Moveup. Thanks for all your advice/help guys!

That's the way to do it if the price is right for you.   Always a good idea to catch them when you can. 

• Like 1