Zuiderdam

BaltimoreCruise

The only thing to watch out for is the VF cabins on the Upper Promenade deck...they have a solid-steel balcony railing instead of plexi-glass. (They are part of the ship's hull, if that makes sense.)

We've got a VF on the Zuiderdam March 11th...I am giving it a try for the price...hopefully it won't detract from our balcony experience. :)

doone and jimbug,

Doone, I thought as much. Thank you for your comments.

Jimbug, thank you and have a wonderful trip. Please let me know how your cruse goes when you return.

I have decided to book a VB on the Upper Verandah Deck, forward. If you have anything else to add, please let me know.

BaltimoreCruise

Your entirely welcome, but just be aware, from what I understand, the very forwared balconies can be windy at times. If this doesn't bother you, then you'll be fine, just wanted to just be aware. Enjoy your cruise.

We've got a VA on the Rotterdam deck booked. Can anyone tell me if these balconies are steel or plexiglass? Also any comments re: general location of these cabins?

Thanks so much!

And sorry to hijack your thread, B.C.!

Hi,

The veranda A cabins on the Rotterdam as well as the B cabins are plexiglass below the wooden railing. The A's are midship. We've had A6148 and A6174 between the midship and forward elevators and B6208 just aft of the elevators. All were great cabins 2 decks above the lifeboats.

GN

Ooops! I think, after rereading my question, that I wasn't clear enough. We're booked on the Zuiderdam in cabin # 7011 on the Rotterdam Deck.

Does that balcony have clear Plexiglass? Any pros and cons to the location?

• 4 weeks later...
Ooops! I think, after rereading my question, that I wasn't clear enough. We're booked on the Zuiderdam in cabin # 7011 on the Rotterdam Deck.

Does that balcony have clear Plexiglass? Any pros and cons to the location?

Well, according to the deck plans in the HAL brochure, only the forward VF cabins on the Upper Promenade deck have the solid steel veranda railings instead of the plexiglas.

Archived