Live Review NCL Dawn British Isles One Way to Amsterdam 6/3/2022-6/12/2022. Lots of Pictures!

BennyBrun

10 hours ago, BennyBrun said:

Back at Home…

Its good to be home!  I really enjoyed the itinerary of this cruise and loved every port I visited.  While some excursions were great others fell short and was pricey and not worth the money.  Do you research and ask yourself is this port a place I can manage with a group together or do I need NCL excursion.  Look at the online map so you have an idea where you are and whats around you.  Look up the places the excursion will take you and check out the reviews.  The more information you have the better choices you will make.

I tested negative for Covid but I know that the hostess from La Cucina got pulled into quarantine mid cruises d at least one cruiser tested positive because I was at the gym and overheard that medical called this person to tell him he tested positive but he told them he never got tested.  People did sign up to get tested… also in Netherlands if you test positive they have to take your passport for at least 5 days.

Do you mind telling me what company you used for the windmill tour? It looks amazing. We will be there 3 days before our cruise in September. Thanks

• Like 1

7 hours ago, hoopslover said:

Do you mind telling me what company you used for the windmill tour? It looks amazing. We will be there 3 days before our cruise in September. Thanks

I used Tour and Tickets.  They are located inside Amsterdam Central Station but have offices all around.  It’s a very organized tour and they keep you moving to see a lot of places.  It’s not an in-depth look but I enjoyed the pace and got to see a lot more than I could on my own in a few hours.  Go for the all inclusive tour.  I paid lesa than $50.00 for the tour.

It’s an amazing city !!  I am going to try to stay Covid negative… I want to make it onto my Oasis of the Seas Cruise next week so I can relax 😆 

You are flying internationally, was just on a cruise and I am home warning my family to wear masks and not go out too much so we can all test negative for our same Oasis cruise!

Hope you can relax next week and thanks for all the wonderful pictures from this cruise!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Max and Ruby said:

You are flying internationally, was just on a cruise and I am home warning my family to wear masks and not go out too much so we can all test negative for our same Oasis cruise!

Hope you can relax next week and thanks for all the wonderful pictures from this cruise!

I did not get into elevators on the cruise and avoided crowded indoor spaces.  Spacing was easy on the Dawn because they were only at 50% capacity and they expect to stay at 50% for the rest of the season in Europe.  Plenty of space at the theater to spread out.  I tested myself mid cruise and post cruise for my own peace of mind.  I also had a mask for places that are too crowded like the Jubilee celebrations.  Fingers crossed 🤞 as I am looking forward to my cat nap on the Oasis 😆.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

I used Tour and Tickets.  They are located inside Amsterdam Central Station but have offices all around.  It’s a very organized tour and they keep you moving to see a lot of places.  It’s not an in-depth look but I enjoyed the pace and got to see a lot more than I could on my own in a few hours.  Go for the all inclusive tour.  I paid lesa than $50.00 for the tour.

Thanks so much!

20 hours ago, luvcruzing said:

@BennyBrunI just revisited this review and enjoyed it just as much the second time around.  Taking a slower look, I’m wondering if it’s possible that you might be in one (or maybe even two) photos?

Unless you saw me through the lens lol 😂 .  I post pictures that I take myself so I am not in any of them!

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
On 6/4/2022 at 2:49 AM, BennyBrun said:

Embarkation Day

It took about 10 minutes from the terminal to the room.

Inside Cabin… not a lot of room to move around but enough space to store everything for me.  I can’t even imagine sleeping 4 people in this room.  The plus side is that there is no nightlight in the bathroom so it is like a cave perfect for sleeping.

Thanks for the review and all of the wonderful pictures.  Can you please let me know what cabin you were in?  The layout seemed different from what I was expecting.