Emerald Cruises Dock address for Budapest

momrules

Would anyone know the name and address of the dock that Emerald Cruises uses in Budapest?  We are staying in Prague a few days before our cruise and will be taking a car from Prague to Budapest and need a name and or address to reserve our car reservation.  I know about the train and prefer to take a car.  Thank you in advance.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 6/11/2022 at 6:48 PM, mjmiller said:

In 2018, Emerald docked directly across the river from the Parliament building.  It should be Budapest Batthyány tér, Pier 1, 1011 Hungary.  If that isn't exact, it's really darn close.  🙂

If you only need it to book the car, then go with that.  However, river boats are given their docking spots by the local port authorities (maybe not the right name - but someone has the job to do this...) and the actual spot may  not be known until the day of docking.  

How are you getting from the car rental spot to the boat? If you are taking a cab, I would suggest calling the boat at the time you drop off your car (the number of the boat will be in your final documents) so you know exactly where the boat has docked.

Fran

Edited by franski

• 2 weeks later...

Ama Waterways has built a brand new dock on the Pest side.  It's location was included in our travel docs.   I think we are lucky in that Magna is so large, there are few other places for it to go.

Edited by marieps

2 hours ago, marieps said:

Ama Waterways has built a brand new dock on the Pest side.  It's location was included in our travel docs.   I think we are lucky in that Magna is so large, there are few other places for it to go.

Ive been watching where Ama has been docking the last few weeks, since in 2019 it was REALLY far away from things maybe 2 miles from the assembly building behind the island(and we walked it all).

oddly Amamagna stopped short of Budapest last week before starting her next cruise going back to Austria.  Amabella has been sitting in Budapest since the 17th on the Buda side and AmaVerde went through over the weekend and docked on the pest side AmaVenita...a ship I had to look up to see was even theirs is docked there now. 

Edited by CastleCritic

I was on the Emerald Sky last week, disembarking on the 23rd. We were not able to sail to Budapest due to low water. We docked in Komarno, Slovakia and were bussed into Budapest and to the airport.

11 hours ago, PhD-iva said:

I was on the Emerald Sky last week, disembarking on the 23rd. We were not able to sail to Budapest due to low water. We docked in Komarno, Slovakia and were bussed into Budapest and to the airport.

That's concerning, Robin.  We embark BUD on 8/7.  Magna is actually supposed to do an evening city cruise the first evening and dock downriver until morning.  I thought low water was really only an issue west of Germany.  Bummer.

Would be great to here from soon to cruise what the Scenic/Emerald play is with the current low water.

Doesn't look like they are offering to have the trip cancelled.

Coach and hotel trip is not what people have paid for or want.

Transfer to another ship further up or down river depending where you are coming from would be best option after cancellation option?

20 minutes ago, Salbags58 said:

Would be great to here from soon to cruise what the Scenic/Emerald play is with the current low water.

Doesn't look like they are offering to have the trip cancelled.

Coach and hotel trip is not what people have paid for or want.

Transfer to another ship further up or down river depending where you are coming from would be best option after cancellation option?

Low water and high water are travel risks that river cruise passengers undertake. You/they don’t control wether the ships can navigate the rivers as scheduled. That said, many cruise lines have years of experience dealing with this, and they often handle it well assuming passengers are also flexible. Remember, you under take the risk of your ship not being able to sail the entire itinerary. 
in my case (Emerald - Danube river), our embarkation port was moved to a section of the river that was still navigable. We then were bussed back to the scheduled embarkation city to do our excursion/tour. This meant that we had less time in that city, Regensburg. So, you have to be flexible and understand that this is a possible outcome.

oh well, I look at it as leaving something to enjoy on my next visit.

I realize Emerald doesn't control river levels but a $1500 bus trip is not the $6000+ trip I paid for.  I understand the need to be flexible, but '. . ..  Too bad we aren't given the option to cancel.  

I am traveling on my own to Regensburg, if the cruise doesn't start there I hope I have lead time to find a way to the new starting point.

On 6/11/2022 at 6:48 PM, mjmiller said:

In 2018, Emerald docked directly across the river from the Parliament building.  It should be Budapest Batthyány tér, Pier 1, 1011 Hungary.  If that isn't exact, it's really darn close.  🙂

Sorry for the off-topic question here, but we have never done a river cruise and are planning Budapest to Munich next May. Does it matter whether you choose port side for your cabin?

• 5 months later...
On 7/29/2022 at 4:48 PM, kiarmuid said:

I am traveling on my own to Regensburg, if the cruise doesn't start there I hope I have lead time to find a way to the new starting point.

Oh!   I hadn't thought about this.   I have booked the Emerald from Budapest to Regensburg but want to arrange my own flights.   What would happen to transfers if the cruise line changes the docking points?