Quick bus @pier 91 Seattle to Vancouver

My friend will be disembarking Ovation of the seas in September and I will be staying in downtown Seattle. We both need to meet up and take the Quick shuttle bus to Vancouver.  Do you think there will be any issues if I take an Uber and meet him at the pier, ( crowds , not finding bus stop ) I can get there anytime ( before people arrive to embark ) I know there will be thousands disembarking,  I’ve checked an alternative going from SeaTac but that service leaves in the afternoon .

thanks

That would work. Another option is the Amtrak bus that departs from King St Station in the south part of downtown. It departs an hour later than the Quick Shuttle and gets you into Vancouver 15 minutes earlier. It has fewer stops.  Your friend could Uber to the station.

Hi, thanks for a quick reply. I think that would work better for us meeting at King Street station. I see that this is a train station so are there bus stops outside ( just so we know where we are meeting , we’re from the U.K. so unfamiliar with usa trains/buses.  I’ve just had a quick look at wanderu and busbud, I looked at Amtrak but it looked like the train? Apologies if I misunderstood the website . Aside from something drastic happening my friend will be ok to get to the bus stop in plenty of time after disembarking the ship ?

Amtrak stopped doing runs between Seattle and Vancouver when the Covid stuff began and won't resume service until late this year, or so they say. Not sure exactly where the bus picks up but there should be some detail on the site or you can give them a call. I assume it's right there at the Amtrak station since most of the passengers are only taking the bus since the train isn't operating.

Quickshuttle is much slower than the amtrak bus so I totally agree with going to King St Station.  The bus will be parked in front of the station.  When you go to buy tickets when you put in adult but you can get a discount when you go to 'discount' and you can select senior fare.  It will save you a little bit of money.

I would buy your tickets in advance for either the Amtrac Ofer quick shuttle bus they sell out after cruises.   You do not say where you are going in Vancouver but if you are going to the cruise port the quick shuttle takes you to the port.  We took it last week from the Vancouver port to Seattle.  The bus ride was not bad but the customs at the US border was slow and took over an hour.