Lunch on non-Haven ships for Suite passengers

bjay3

Has anyone sailed in a suite on a non-haven ship very recently. I remember what the breakfast/lunch menus were a couple of years ago in Cagneys. Has there been a change there or are they the same?

• 2 weeks later...

Was on Pearl in mid April.  The biggest change I noticed in the breakfast menu was the quality in the cut of beef served with the steak and eggs.  I never order this, so I don't remember the exact name, but it used to be a more tender cut that was served.  Still a much nicer selection of fruit available at suite breakfast than in the MDR or buffet. 

I was disappointed in the lunch menu.  There used to be a fish sandwich and still is, but it has been changed and is rather dry.  The texture of the new crab cake appetizer was really cat foody like.  Texture of the burger was odd too - very soft.  DH thought maybe it was double ground beef.  Two things I had seen on a recent Haven lunch menu from a ship which had a dedicated Haven restaurant, but the Pearl did not were Cobb salad and lobster bisque.  Cobb salad is available at O'Sheehan's if you're particularly looking for that.  Chicken milanese which has been a staple for a while on the suite lunch menu was available in the MDR one day. There was a mushroom flatbread pizza I remember.  A soup of the day. The MDRs were not open for lunch on port days, so if you are underwhelmed by Haven lunch options, your only choices are buffet and O'Sheehan's and I'm not a buffet person. Maybe have lunch in a port restaurant one day to break it up.  That's what we did.