Gone Caribe Tours - Highly recommend!

shutterbug63

On 10/14/2022 at 9:10 PM, rosebud1g said:

I wanted to give a review of the tour we did with GONE CARIBE with our stop in Curacao on Allure of the Seas last month, Sept 2022. Let me say this was one of the BEST private tours we have ever done.  I was searching for something fun to do and see the beauty of the island and the West End Beaches. I went straight to the Curacao boards here on Cruise Critic. I found exactly what I was looking for from the recommendations of fellow cruisers.  I contacted GONE CARIBE online and got a reply right away.

Our custom tour with Joseph who was born and raised on the island included the following stops:

Shete Boka National Park- turtle nests,  coves, crashing waves, underground cave, volcanic rocks, corals, walking trails and inlets. 

Playa Piskado- swimming with the turtles, beautiful beaches. 

Playa Porto Marie- gorgeous beach for swimming, snorkeling, relaxing, full service bar and restaurant

Flamingo Watching-flamingos on the salt lakes of Sint Willibrodus. 

This was a very informative tour and we all loved it. I highly recommend this company!! Curacao was beautiful and we were happy to be able to experience it this way. 

Thanks for the advice.  We just booked this private tour for our March cruise and very excited about it .

On 1/27/2023 at 1:39 PM, vacation44 said:

We also plan on skipping lunch on our private tour.   We want to go to the caves and then the turtles.  

Please report back your experience and have a great time.

This was the best tour we have done on any of our cruises! We had Joey as our driver/guide and he was absolutely amazing.  We had a wonderful day.  We went to a cave and a blow hole, beautiful view point, swam with the turtles, he took us to see another beautiful beach and some wild flamingos.  He also walked around with us back at Willemstad to point out the sites.  We learned everything there is to know about Curaçao and it was a lot of fun.  

Thank you so much for reporting back and so happy to hear you had an amazing time.  How long did your tour ended up being and what time did you get back to the ship?

They have been very impressive with their correspondence beforehand. 

11 hours ago, jtdlmc said:

This was the best tour we have done on any of our cruises! We had Joey as our driver/guide and he was absolutely amazing.  We had a wonderful day.  We went to a cave and a blow hole, beautiful view point, swam with the turtles, he took us to see another beautiful beach and some wild flamingos.  He also walked around with us back at Willemstad to point out the sites.  We learned everything there is to know about Curaçao and it was a lot of fun.  

Thanks for the review.  I’m interested in what was the ship time versus Curacao time 

6 hours ago, Cruise till you drop said:

Thanks for the review.  I’m interested in what was the ship time versus Curacao time 

It was the same.  The only place it was different was Costa Rica.  We did have to set our clocks 1 hour ahead (and then back) at one point during the cruise but I can’t remember what day it was.  

5 minutes ago, jtdlmc said:

It was the same.  The only place it was different was Costa Rica.  We did have to set our clocks 1 hour ahead (and then back) at one point during the cruise but I can’t remember what day it was.  

Are you sure that wasn’t in Curaçao as they’re on AST (an hour ahead of EST usually)

16 minutes ago, Cruise till you drop said:

Are you sure that wasn’t in Curaçao as they’re on AST (an hour ahead of EST usually)

Nope definitely was Limon, Costa Rica, but as I said we did have to advance our clocks by one hour ahead one morning so must have been before Curaçao but by doing so ship time was the same as shore time.  

Just checked my Freestyle Daily and these are the time changes

Day 2 - one hour forward before bed

Day 6 - one hour back before bed

Day 8 (Costa Rica) - in order to avoid multiple time changes we will keep ship time in Puerto Limon, this means the port will be one hour behind ship time

Edited by jtdlmc
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, jtdlmc said:

Nope definitely was Limon, Costa Rica, but as I said we did have to advance our clocks by one hour ahead one morning so must have been before Curaçao but by doing so ship time was the same as shore time.  

Just checked my Freestyle Daily and these are the time changes

Day 2 - one hour forward before bed

Day 6 - one hour back before bed

Day 8 (Costa Rica) - in order to avoid multiple time changes we will keep ship time in Puerto Limon, this means the port will be one hour behind ship time

Thanks so much.  That makes sense as we’re in Curaçao at 7am and the private tour starts at 8:30 and I assume that we wouldn’t start a tour at 7:30am so ship and Curaçao time must somehow be aligned

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I tried to book this tour for next February and they told me they are sold out.  I was definitely shocked as well as disappointed.  Is there another tour company similar to Gone Caribe?

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/2/2023 at 1:17 PM, Leen729 said:

I tried to book this tour for next February and they told me they are sold out.  I was definitely shocked as well as disappointed.  Is there another tour company similar to Gone Caribe?

Contact Tyrone Brunken with Afro Guide Curacao 

• Like 1