Holland flyers - Southwest has major deal on

DaveOKC

Anyone have experience flying into BLI (bellingham) airport for a Vancouver cruise? This sale has flights about $1000 cheaper than my original option of Vancouver. Just don't know if we can make a 12:45 flight. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, foggyphils said:

Anyone have experience flying into BLI (bellingham) airport for a Vancouver cruise? This sale has flights about $1000 cheaper than my original option of Vancouver. Just don't know if we can make a 12:45 flight. 

That is what I booked this morning.  I fly Southwest often but this year has been trying with many schedule changes. I booked for 24 hours earlier than I need be there.  The savings more than offset the shuttle ride and the extra hotel night.  I am flying Saturday of Labor Day weekend so I am taking no chances.  

FlightAware will give you performance records but being a new route it may not be all that helpful

Edited by Mary229
  • Thanks 2

15 minutes ago, foggyphils said:

How would you get to and from Bellingham to Vancouver?  

1 hour ago, Mary229 said:

You have choices.  Amtrak, shuttles or even fly or drive

That’s why I’m asking.  Super tight time frames to depending on a train that only runs twice a day and crossing an international border which could take hours.  

12 minutes ago, Cruise Junky said:

That’s why I’m asking.  Super tight time frames to depending on a train that only runs twice a day and crossing an international border which could take hours.  

Look at the various shuttle services. 

Just now, Cruise Junky said:

I don’t need to look at anything. I asked what the plan was for making a 12:45 flight out of Bellingham. 

I am not following.  What information do you need?  My plan is to arrive late on the 6th, stay near the airport and take the shuttle into Vancouver on the 7th. 

2 minutes ago, Mary229 said:

I am not following.  What information do you need?  My plan is to arrive late on the 6th, stay near the airport and take the shuttle into Vancouver on the 7th. 

My original post asking how they planned to get to Bellingham was not addressed to you. 

3 hours ago, Cruise Junky said:

How would you get to and from Bellingham to Vancouver?  

Still trying to figure that out! LOL 
At first glance it looks like it should be a 1-1.5 hour drive but the realities of  logistics and border crossings gets a bit overwhelming. I found some private transfer/limo services online that will take you from the port to BLI that could be an option. ~$200 each way.  The uber app shows options but then someone said Uber can't cross the border OR drive into BLI. 
It looks like I might be back at my stupidly expensive Vancouver flights. I remember crying about $500 flights to YVR a few years ago. Now I'd jump on that price! And oddly enough, Seatle flights are even more expensive. 

13 minutes ago, foggyphils said:

Still trying to figure that out! LOL 
At first glance it looks like it should be a 1-1.5 hour drive but the realities of  logistics and border crossings gets a bit overwhelming. I found some private transfer/limo services online that will take you from the port to BLI that could be an option. ~$200 each way.  The uber app shows options but then someone said Uber can't cross the border OR drive into BLI. 
It looks like I might be back at my stupidly expensive Vancouver flights. I remember crying about $500 flights to YVR a few years ago. Now I'd jump on that price! And oddly enough, Seatle flights are even more expensive. 

Well give it some thought. Our new flight to BLI from Dallas is $82 one way. We are going home from another city not serviced by Southwest.  I am keeping my old flights.  This is just a back up in case HAL cancels so I can still do the rest of my itinerary.  Using points I will get a full refund from Southwest 

Edited by Mary229
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Mary229 said:

Well give it some thought. Our new flight to BLI from Dallas is $82 one way. We are going home from another city not serviced by Southwest.  I am keeping my old flights.  This is just a back up in case HAL cancels so I can still do the rest of my itinerary.  Using points I will get a full refund from Southwest 

Great idea using it as a back up. SW is so flexible! And those prices are just crazy cheap so it's hard to pass up.  I'm the frugile one so I would be happy with figuring out the logistics to make it work.  I would have to keep my hubs in the dark bc this would make his head explode and not think it's worth the headache. 😉 

• Like 1

I took advantage of it today and am using them for my Diamond Princess cruise from San Diego in October along with a 4 day trip to Cozumel that only cost 95 dollars but 165 in tax.  Too goot to pass up!  Just hope they drop the covid test to reenter the USA by then though.  

14 hours ago, Mary229 said:

I love using SW points for reservations!  If I cancel then it just goes back into my account, without the hassle of having to keep track of and use within one year (like when you use cash).

• Like 4