More Changes Afoot - Adriatic Ports on Onward October 1 2022 cruise

Jeep61

Never received any communications from Azamara about the Venice-Ravella change, but did get this one this morning.  Curious how the change of three of the seven port calls comes within days of Final Payment.  I don't have a warm and fuzzy feeling about Azamara right now.  Will also post this on scant roll call page... 

BTW, has anyone learned if the port call actually occurs in Opatija or Rijeka - the latter looks like it has port facilities.  Nothing on the Azamara web site about excursions at either one.

I read it that Pula is being replaced by Opatija and that Kotor and Dubrovnik are just swapping days. There are some changes  to times in port but a nice long day in Dubrovnik is always a bonus.

A quick look on Azamara web site and a search for Opatija shows its a tender port and there is an excursion to Rijeka so that perhaps  answers your question. 

If you use the search magnifying glass  in the top right corner on Azamara  web site for Opatija, there is some information on what the town offers and a couple of the excursions that may be on offer in October .

Some of these last-minute port changes seem to have been forced on Azamara.  They would not have lengthened our Oct. 6 Journey cruise by a day [for which they aren't charging us, plus they offered to cover the cost of changes] and shortened the following cruise except that the port of Piraeus bumped them on the originally scheduled turnaround day.  As cruise lines bring more ships back into service, the Adriatic seems to be getting crowded.

As far as the change from Pula to Opatija:  I wish they had done this for my cruise.  Opatija seems more interesting than Pula (except for its Roman ruins), and the list of Azamara shore excursions in Opatija is much more interesting (to me, anyway) than those for Pula.

20 minutes ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

Some of these last-minute port changes seem to have been forced on Azamara.  They would not have lengthened our Oct. 6 Journey cruise by a day [for which they aren't charging us, plus they offered to cover the cost of changes] and shortened the following cruise except that the port of Piraeus bumped them on the originally scheduled turnaround day.  As cruise lines bring more ships back into service, the Adriatic seems to be getting crowded.

As far as the change from Pula to Opatija:  I wish they had done this for my cruise.  Opatija seems more interesting than Pula (except for its Roman ruins), and the list of Azamara shore excursions in Opatija is much more interesting (to me, anyway) than those for Pula.

You may get your wish!  Our friends have just had Pula in August on Onward changed to Zadar. Thats two changes from  Pula now. Third time lucky !! 

We have been notified this evening that our 18th June Onward cruise will drop Pula in favour of Zadar in Croatia.

Dear Azamara Guest,

We're writing to inform you of some important changes regarding your 11-Night Jewels of the Med Voyage scheduled to depart on June 18, 2022 on Azamara Onward®.

Due to operational constraints, we've replaced the call in Pula, Croatia, scheduled for Tuesday, June 21st with a call in Zadar, Croatia. Complete details are shown in the chart below. 

We apologize for any inconvenience this change may cause. Zadar, on the other hand, is incredibly gorgeous, with pre-Romanesque architecture, remarkable modern monuments, and an old town perched on a peninsula. We're confident that this unique place will be well worth the trip.

Rest assured, you'll receive a full refund for any Azamara shore excursions booked, and new shore excursions in Zadar will be available by logging into your Voyage Planner. 

Thank you for choosing Azamara. We look forward to welcoming you aboard in Bologna (Ravenna). Should you have any questions, please contact your Travel Advisor immediately for more details specific to your country of residence or¿visit https://www.azamara.com/contact-us for your local Azamara call center number. 

Sincerely, 

Azamara

15 minutes ago, combine said:

You may get your wish!  Our friends have just had Pula in August on Onward changed to Zadar. Thats two changes from  Pula now. Third time lucky !! 

We already have Zadar scheduled, as well as Koper.  So if they change us from Pula, Opatija would be the only logical option.

3 minutes ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

We already have Zadar scheduled, as well as Koper.  So if they change us from Pula, Opatija would be the only logical option.

Fingers crossed then !!
 We really enjoyed Zadar in April . A very walkable town, very clean and tidy, a good city wall and port area to walk around. 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, uktog said:

I love Zadar and it’s sea organ. I can sit by that all day 

They were repaving the gravel walk way going from the organ area round to the left and along to the old harbour area by the gardens. There seemed to be some money being spent there, maybe for future cruise ships! You cant really get any closer can you ! 

827F1A0E-7AA6-45F5-AC25-536CDB980801.jpeg

9140EF27-CCBA-472A-BA96-32658BBD0273.jpeg

• Like 4

Since we use private guides for our excursions it was an unpleasant surprise to learn that three of the ports were impacted.  The Roman amphitheater in Pula when pula became a replacement for Trieste would have been a highlight, but Opatija sounds lovely and we already found a private guide.  Let's hope there are no additional changes to the itinerary.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Jeep61 said:

Since we use private guides for our excursions it was an unpleasant surprise to learn that three of the ports were impacted.  The Roman amphitheater in Pula when pula became a replacement for Trieste would have been a highlight, but Opatija sounds lovely and we already found a private guide.  Let's hope there are no additional changes to the itinerary.

I am normally a 'private guide' cruiser too, but not this year.