Veendam

Traveler13

I was last on the Veendam about three years ago---loved her. She's one of the S-class ships, and they're my favorites. She's small-ish and easy to get around.

And your ports are...? Assuming they're the same as I did, I would say I loved swimming with the stingrays on Grand Cayman. That was the best part ashore on that cruise.

You can keep Montego Bay, although I did enjoy the excursion to Rose Hall.

The Mexico port (forget the name :o ) had a nice excursion to (oops, just forgot that, too :o ) a Mayan ruin. It was a long, hot, hard day. But one that was worth it.

You can go to the Ports of Call boards to find out information about your particular ports of call. If you do not see one listed individually, go to Caribbean/other and you may find the one you are looking for. If you are wanting to team up with other cruise critics for excursions, th place to do it is on the roll call boards for your particular saiing. Have a wonderful time!

I am going to be traveling on the Veendam on 4/1/06. What can anyone tell me about the ship and its Western Caribbean ports?

I can tell you that you will be sailing with me! :-) My DH have been to Grand Cayman (did Nativeway tours) and Montego Bay (not my favorite).

On Grand Cayman we did a Sting Ray City, Snorkel and island tour all for about 55.00 with Nativeway Watersports. Another time we did a snorkel tour with the ship. It was fine but weird because we were so close tothe ship. It was a good time. In Montego Bay we did a Pirate ship that left from where we where docked and went snorkeling, they then took us by water to Margaritaville dropped us off for a little while and then brought us back to the ship. I'd be nervous walking around Montego Bay from the stories I've heard but it seems the tours are fine. There is a lot of info on the Ports of Call board.

We were on the Veendam for 44 days straight last fall. She is a marvelous ship with a fantastic crew and staff. You will find Captain Rusell-Dunford to be most informative. Please take a look at our review posted here under passenger reviews on the main CC board. We covered several Caribbean ports and have a detailed report on them. I know you will have a wonderful cruise. Good luck and Bon Voyage

Trisha

...never been on it before but my DW and I will be joining you on your 4/1/06 cruise. I have heard some fantastic reviews of the Veedam and am looking forward to our cruise. My DW and I were on the Zaandam last spring and really liked the HAL treatment!

:)

Archived