Ukraine dance couple, Sasha and Dima

excitedofharpenden

I know that many of us have enjoyed the ballroom dancing of Sasha and Dima, both in the days as members of the permanent onboard cast and as guest entertainers. I see they are, after 8 years, to go their own ways. I for one will miss them terribly. 

I have so many good memories. They have become firm friends and I have spent a lot of time on cruises with them. I've been to see them and stayed with Sasha at her home in Kyiv in the days before this terrible war.  I hope to return when this is all over. They are as delightful and professional in real life as they are on the ship. They'll be missed.  Thankfully they are safe out of Ukraine, but still have family there. 

Finally I want to wish all Ukrainians well during this awful time. I think of you all the time and pray for a quick solution. 🇺🇦🙏

Phil 

Edited by excitedofharpenden
  • Like 15
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for posting this Phil.  I saw Sasha's post to her friends and what was so lovely was the range of Azamara officers and crew who have immediately shared their affection for and memories of this lovely couple.  I never did manage to get my DH to agree to much needed dancing lessons with them.  But I have such happy memories of them, not only as the feature dancers but also Sasha taught me how to make jewellery in a series of onboard classes during a transatlantic cruise.  So my lasting tangible memory is a lovely pair of ear rings I made with her and still wear.

They will be sadly missed.  I pray their homeland is somewhere they can return to soon and that all their loved ones stay safe in these dreadful time

• Like 6

Oh yes what amazing dancers they were and a lovely couple, we didn’t know them very well, but we’re lucky enough to do a dance class with them and then be invited to dance with them in the cabaret lounge one evening, a lovely memory.

Wishing them all the best for their future. 

• Like 1

They have been special friends to you Phil..as well as fabulous entertainers that everyone enjoyed. So glad to hear that they are safe and hoping the same for their family still there. 

• Like 1