Fright ease - over 2500.00 out of my pocket due to their lack of ticketing my flight

gailellen12

Just returned from the Oosterdam June 1 Mediterranean cruise. Imagine my surprise when I arrived at the Philly airport on June 1 to board my flight to Barcelona only to find out Holland had never ticketed this flight. After a long hold trying to get through I was forced to buy a one way ticket myself that cost over 2500.00 or I would miss the cruise. I will now have my travel agent pursue this refund but not sure how long it will take her to get through or for HAL to post it to my credit card. The onboard experience was nice but definitely soured by my flight problem. I would need to think long and hard before booking with HAL again if ever. 

Just now, Kobra_Kommandor said:

This sounds like such a nightmare!  Were the flights listed on your itinerary from HAL?

Yes Both flights had been  booked and interestingly the return flight yesterday from Venice to Philly was ticketed and fine from the get go.   They just never ticketed the outgoing Philly to Barcelona flight Even the ticket agent at American Airlines when I was trying to leave June 1 just shook his head in disbelief and said "they owe you big time" Suffering from jet lag which is why I am posting late Monday night.  It obviously has left a very sour taste in my mouth toward Holland.  It should be a simple process that they just do the right thing from the beginning.  This should be the sole purpose of so called flight ease which obviously is not so easy 

1 minute ago, gailellen12 said:

Yes Both flights had been  booked and interestingly the return flight yesterday from Venice to Philly was ticketed and fine from the get go.   They just never ticketed the outgoing Philly to Barcelona flight Even the ticket agent at American Airlines when I was trying to leave June 1 just shook his head in disbelief and said "they owe you big time" Suffering from jet lag which is why I am posting late Monday night.  It obviously has left a very sour taste in my mouth toward Holland.  It should be a simple process that they just do the right thing from the beginning.  This should be the sole purpose of so called flight ease which obviously is not so easy 

HAL definitely needs to make this right. If you do not have any luck with your TA pursuing I would reach out to https://www.elliott.org/ which is an advocacy group that seems to do pretty well in cases where the cruise line (or airline) is actually at fault. They do ask you to try to let things work themselves out through the normal channels first though. 

• Like 1

There has been an awful lot of problems with HAL's FlightEase. We're flying out 29 July to Athens & HAL cancelled our flight, I had to rebook our own flights. Our TA tried to get HAL to correct it, gave up and advised us to book the flights our self. She could not get any one at HAL that handles the flights to sort it out. She's a travel agent & didn't use HAL's FlightEase. 

I’m so sorry this happened- an awful way to start a vacation. Surely HAL will have to reimburse you. Were you able to get the same seats you thought you had purchased?

I am curious as to whether you were able to previously enter all your personal information into the AA Record Locator. (Email address, passport #, AAdvantage #, Trusted Traveler  #, emergency contact, etc.) Usually for American, passengers get an email 24 hours ahead to check in online for the flights and then will have a boarding pass to print and/or save on the phone. Not getting that email would have raised a red flag.

• Like 1