Minimum amount of time between positive test result and obtaining a Certificate of Recovery?

Is there a minimum amount of time required between the positive test result and obtaining a Certificate of Recovery?

Positive  PCR  test result - June 7, Tuesday

Last day of showing symptoms - June 9, Thursday

Next cruise - June 20, Monday

Test scheduled (hoping for negative) - June 18, Saturday

The positive test was 13 days before cruising, meeting the 11-90 day requirement.  Not sure about the acceptable date of the certificate and limited access to family doctor because of the weekend.  Plan B is to obtain a certificate from an online source, again unsure of timing.

You can't get the certificate until 11 days after you test positive.  There are a couple of online places where you pay that I saw, one says you would get the letter in 12 hours and the other 24 hours

For all sailings departing on or after March 11, 2022, a Certificate of Recovery, for a positive COVID-19 case at least 11 days before boarding but no more than 90 days ago, may be provided in lieu of a pre-cruise COVID-19 test result to board the ship if it meets certain requirements. However, certain ports (listed below) will not permit guests to go ashore using a Certificate of Recovery. The following two documents must be presented:

• Like 1

I would think you should be safe getting the letter on the 18th if you still test positive.  That would be 11 days if you don't count June 7th as Day 1.  Hoping you pass and it's not needed

My next trip is July 4th and should I test positive (hope not) I have a positive test from the end of May and I will try to get a certificate online.  It will also be the weekend and no doctor available.  Thought of trying to get one from them just in case but don't like going to doctor if I don't have to

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tulsacoker said:

question, if you test negative June 18th how does RC know you tested positive 13 days before? 

If he tests negative, we won’t need the letter.  But the test is on Saturday, so there will be no way to get a letter from the doctor after we are tested.  That is where Plan B (online source) comes into play.  He has another, unrelated form to take to the doctor anyway, so we would like to combine these two things, but I am afraid the timing won’t work.

5 minutes ago, ZoeyVictoria said:

If he tests negative, we won’t need the letter.  But the test is on Saturday, so there will be no way to get a letter from the doctor after we are tested.  That is where Plan B (online source) comes into play.  He has another, unrelated form to take to the doctor anyway, so we would like to combine these two things, but I am afraid the timing won’t work.

You can take a home test before the proctored test. If that's positive, get your letter then.

• Like 1

It was positive last night (but lighter red than a few days ago), so there is still time.  In spite of being together at least 23.5 hours a day (on the Caribbean Princess) for seven days before he got sick, I am still negative.  So there is a wild card in all of this - me!

1 hour ago, molly361 said:

You can't get the certificate until 11 days after you test positive.  There are a couple of online places where you pay that I saw, one says you would get the letter in 12 hours and the other 24 hours

For all sailings departing on or after March 11, 2022, a Certificate of Recovery, for a positive COVID-19 case at least 11 days before boarding but no more than 90 days ago, may be provided in lieu of a pre-cruise COVID-19 test result to board the ship if it meets certain requirements. However, certain ports (listed below) will not permit guests to go ashore using a Certificate of Recovery. The following two documents must be presented:

Oh, no, I typed a long response that went poof 😢.   I have to get back out in the parking lot where I have been updating my navigation system since 9:58, back to you later.  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, ZoeyVictoria said:

It was positive last night (but lighter red than a few days ago), so there is still time.  In spite of being together at least 23.5 hours a day (on the Caribbean Princess) for seven days before he got sick, I am still negative.  So there is a wild card in all of this - me!

Boldness of line is irrelevant fyi.  Could be sick as a dog and still have only a faint line.  Don’t judge anything by the color of the line.  

17 minutes ago, ZoeyVictoria said:

I had a barely readable line when I tested before my cruise last month and tested positive.  I screwed up though and tested at Walgreens (NAAT) which is more accurate than a rapid antigen which I might have passed but we will never know for sure

Update:  We went to the doctor’s office yesterday with a screen print of Royal’s info and asked for a letter of recovery.  The receptionist repeatedly told us he had to have a negative test to get a letter.  We stood our ground and she agreed to show it to the doctor.  She called later and asked my SO to go back to the office this afternoon.  His vital signs were checked and the doctor used an app to determine if he qualified for a letter.  A lot of questions were asked regarding dates, and the app showed he did qualify.  He will go back tomorrow to pick up the letter.

I wonder if the online companies use an app to determine eligibility?

• Like 2

I think your husband is likely going to be fine getting on the cruise, but I am a little worried about you. One of the questions on the health questionnaire is "have you been in contact with anyone who has tested positive in the last 14 days" (or something very similar)  -- this will obviously be yes for the OP and trigger either additional testing or even the possibility of not being able to sail.

On 6/16/2022 at 1:52 PM, ZoeyVictoria said:

Update:  We went to the doctor’s office yesterday with a screen print of Royal’s info and asked for a letter of recovery.  The receptionist repeatedly told us he had to have a negative test to get a letter.  We stood our ground and she agreed to show it to the doctor.  She called later and asked my SO to go back to the office this afternoon.  His vital signs were checked and the doctor used an app to determine if he qualified for a letter.  A lot of questions were asked regarding dates, and the app showed he did qualify.  He will go back tomorrow to pick up the letter.

I wonder if the online companies use an app to determine eligibility?

I’m guessing the online folks are mostly about collecting the fees and saying your good.  Given a telemedicine call is pretty difficult to actual check any symptoms directly. Even temperature.