Making lemonade out of lost luggage and other daunting challenges.

Liz Masterson

with the amount of lost luggage lately...maybe Viking should have a "shopping" room stocked with things passengers left on ship!   HAHA

on our last cruise Viking's laundry did the daily wash for a couple who had lost luggage. 

4 hours ago, deec said:

with the amount of lost luggage lately...maybe Viking should have a "shopping" room stocked with things passengers left on ship!   HAHA

on our last cruise Viking's laundry did the daily wash for a couple who had lost luggage. 

Dee, I think that's a great idea. Viking did my laundry for 5 days. I did have to buy a fleece jacket in the gift shop but at least I will wear it again. A tube of Crest was $7.00 and a tube of Colgate was $10.00. 

Update:

The luggage caught up to my friend 6 days into their journey. They disembarked the Jupiter and caught their flight to Montreal… and then…

Their Wednesday flight home to Philadelphia was cancelled. 
Their flight today, Thursday, was cancelled. 
There were no flights available for Friday. 
(And yes they checked all kinds of other flights that would at least get them closer.)
There were no “one way” rental cars available for days. 
They tried to get an uber to Burlington, VT airport but the driver did not have a passport. 
They met up with another couple who were getting a cab to take them…

FROM MONTREAL TO PHILADELPHIA! Apparently their business is going to pick up the tab because it is critical that they be at work tomorrow. ( I don’t know what they do.)

So, here is the last text I got from her, I have redacted the names to protect the identities of the sweet darling samaritans who are getting her and her travel companion almost home… 

We are on the road in a Toyota Sienna .
We are paying Mahood , a taxi driver to drive us four to Philly 
We are paying him $2200 to drive us .
The two other passengers :
R.A.  

J.B.  
Their companies are gonna pay as their expenses.

I will tip in cash

So please say a little prayer for Mahood so he drives safely and stays alert and everyone ends up eventually home safe and sound! Including Mahood!

Edited by Liz Masterson
  • Like 2

What an absolute delight she is Liz, even after all of that!  It sounds a bit like Trains, Planes and Automobiles!!(The original) 'OMG!' I wish them all a safe journey.

My daughter, who lives in Paris, has planned a trip to Hawaii and then on to San Francisco in July/Aug. The flights have been changed so many times and now have multiple stopovers. Flights in the UK are super unreliable at the moment with more disruption planned for the summer. Sadly her flights will now bring her into London for these new connections. I don't think she'll be as chilled as your pal! I have everything crossed 🤞

• Like 1