Taxi or Uber/Lyft

Oldgoat61

We haven't cruised since 2019, and we have one coming up in Apr 2023 out of POM.  Can anyone tell me if cabs in Mia still use a flat rate, and if so, has the fare increased dramatically?  Last time we used one the fare was $25.  I would imagine Uber/Lyft would be better, but just curious.

Thanks

The flat rate is in effect and discussed here occasionally. I think its $28, although I suppose it could go up with the gas prices.

You can go to the Uber website for an estimate. While I have not done the Miami ride recently, I have discovered in other ride opportunities Uber is not always the best deal currently. Usually not a huge difference, but a difference.

• 5 weeks later...

I'm piggybacking on this question. We are a party of 6 flying into Miami and going to a hotel in the Brickell area.   We are staying a few days pre-cruise and a few days post-cruise.  We will also need transportation from the hotel to the cruise port (and of course reverse for the trip home). 

Trying to figure out our best option for transportation. I rarely take cabs or Uber in everyday life (live in NYC) so I'm not super familiar, but want to make sure I don't get screwed with per-passenger surcharges or anything else. 

Thanks!

5 hours ago, CorrieCJ said:

I'm piggybacking on this question. We are a party of 6 flying into Miami and going to a hotel in the Brickell area.   We are staying a few days pre-cruise and a few days post-cruise.  We will also need transportation from the hotel to the cruise port (and of course reverse for the trip home). 

Trying to figure out our best option for transportation. I rarely take cabs or Uber in everyday life (live in NYC) so I'm not super familiar, but want to make sure I don't get screwed with per-passenger surcharges or anything else. 

Thanks!

Uber and Lyft will give you a price up front - accept it or close the app and take a cab.

6 plus bags (especially if anyone packs like my wife) will be a squeeze in a van taxi or UberXL. I would plan on taking 2 cabs or 2 Ubers. The flat rate cab fare applies between MIA and POM - the cab fare to your hotel and from hotel to the port will be on the meter.

If you want to travel together check with Larry's Limos.