Hotel for cruise leaving from Southhampton

Wondering what hotel Regent might use for a cruise ( London to London)? I assume it would be in Southhampton.

Are there things to see in the area if we flew in  two days prior to the cruise leaving in order not to be soo jet lagged?

Appreciate thoughts!

On our recent may 21 cruise, I believe it was the landmark in London. 

If you go a day early go see a show - we saw "Wicked"

There are excursions from southhapton e.g. stonehenge, the tank museum 

Edited by Lonedaddy

1 hour ago, snorkle lover said:

Wondering what hotel Regent might use for a cruise ( London to London)? I assume it would be in Southhampton.

Are there things to see in the area if we flew in  two days prior to the cruise leaving in order not to be soo jet lagged?

Appreciate thoughts!

Regent puts you up in London, and transfers you to Southampton on embarkation day. I think they use a few different hotels. Someone I know who booked a concierge for the September London to London on Splendor has The Landmark listed on their itinerary as the hotel. Regent has been known to change the hotel, sometimes at the last minute, however.

Thank you Wishlweretravelling and Lonedaddy,

Glad to hear that the hotel will be in London and obviously we can find plenty to do. We have been to London but it has over twenty years ago.

Lonedaddy, I believe you just got off a British Isles cruise similar to the one we will be taking next summer. How did you enjoy your cruise?

Yes.  To the best of my recollection our itinerary from the start named the May Fair Hotel as the Concierge Suite pre-cruise hotel.  Now, based on the updated itinerary with the addition of the Pre-Cruise land tour, it states we will be taken to the May Fair.    But then, they always add the mystical phrase:  'Or Similar'!

The only constant is 'Change'...   Hopefully that won't be the case.   I like what I see on the May Fair website over what we experienced at Grosvenor House.  Looking forward to meeting you both.

Bob & Susan

On 6/17/2022 at 10:29 AM, snorkle lover said:

Lonedaddy, I believe you just got off a British Isles cruise similar to the one we will be taking next summer. How did you enjoy your cruise?

Once I get settled and all the kids and grandkids leave my house I'll give more detailed impressions of my first regent cruise.  Overall it was great and the itinerary was nice.  Mix up the excursions or all the castles and churches may look alike.  If you are a history buff do go see the tank museum in Bovington, it was an excursion from Portland stop.   

• Thanks 1