Signage on Greece ships about alcohol sales -Picture

vanchelle

Hello, since many have asked, myself included. Here is the actual language of the signs. This is posted at the bar near the Great Outdoors on the Jade right now. 
my TA spoke with someone at NCL two weeks ago and it is true (currently) that the “government isn’t allowing alcohol sales while in any Greek Port until out at sea” however anyone with a prepaid beverage package gets drinks as the sale occurred previously. 
today we got two drinks (a cocktail and a hard cider) at The Great Outdoors and there are No Receipts while in port. 

Hope this helps. 

D0557DED-6EE8-4648-8697-B4CE0328ADA2.jpeg

1 hour ago, vanchelle said:

government isn’t allowing alcohol sales while in any Greek Port

That is not what the notice says.  The notice states 'the sale of duty free goods including alcohol beverages is not permitted....' and probably relates more to the legal requirement to charge Greek vat on the sales and then make a vat return.  NCL have decided it is easier/cheaper for them to suspend sales outside of pre-paid packages for the duration of port visits.

10 minutes ago, VMax1700 said:

That is not what the notice says.  The notice states 'the sale of duty free goods including alcohol beverages is not permitted....' and probably relates more to the legal requirement to charge Greek vat on the sales and then make a vat return.  NCL have decided it is easier/cheaper for them to suspend sales outside of pre-paid packages for the duration of port visits.

To clarify- my “quotes” comment was from my TA regarding her response from NCL. 

You are  likely right that NCL is taking an easier way out. 
this post was in response to those who’ve asked to see the signage. 
happy Sails

10 minutes ago, vanchelle said:

To clarify- my “quotes” comment was from my TA regarding her response from NCL. 

You are  likely right that NCL is taking an easier way out. 
this post was in response to those who’ve asked to see the signage. 
happy Sails

Ah, ok, I see that now.  Apologies for misinterpreting your post.

We will be in Mykonos tomorrow on Holland America, it will be interesting to see what happens.

Actually, I just remembered we were in Katakolo a few days ago and I did not notice any signage onboard our ship.  I did have drinks, but I have a drinks package.  Tomorrow I will be in my Inspector Clouseau mode.

Edited by VMax1700
  • Like 1

I should ADD to this post…I learned today that there are NO SALES at all while in port…I could not purchase Starbucks at the Java Cafe this AM before tending in to kefalonia 😖😖

also, in case you need to know: if you have the PBP ma d want to order anything beyond the 15$ limit…you have to wait until out to sea. 

On 6/26/2022 at 10:47 AM, VMax1700 said:

We had no problems and there were no notices about tax or sales being suspended.

We are  also a a HAL cruise starting in Athens 2 July & have had no notice from HAl about this. Thanks Max for checking this out.