Arriving FLL sailing out of Miami

1kaper

As the title says, we are arriving at the Fort Lauderdale Airport and sailing out of Miami. 
Any suggestions for the best hotel to use?  We will not have a car so we would at least like a shuttle to the Miami port.  I doubt we will find a hotel with a FLL shuttle and Miami port shuttle.  

We use a hotel with airport shuttle from FLL, then use SAS Transportation.  I think the web site for SAS lists which hotels they stop at.  You can always take hotel shuttle back in the morning to airport, then take SAS or Carnival Transportation. 

• Like 2

I'm a Hilton Marina fan.  Recently redone, great pool, nice Intracoastal vibe, poolside bar & grill has good food and drink, Water Taxi stops at the hotel, walking distance down 17th St to numerous restaurants, shops, liquor stores, pharmacy, etc, and it's right .  

I'm cruising out of Miami on my next one and planning on staying in Ft. Lauderdale.  I'm not a city person, FLL is my speed.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, tw67 said:

We use a hotel with airport shuttle from FLL, then use SAS Transportation.  I think the web site for SAS lists which hotels they stop at.  You can always take hotel shuttle back in the morning to airport, then take SAS or Carnival Transportation. 

This is my current plan.  Might SAS also return us to the hotel after the cruise? Based on flight fares/schedules I think we might stay one night after the cruise.

Edited by poocher
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, poocher said:

This is my current plan.  Might SAS also return us to the hotel after the cruise? Based on flight fares/schedules I think we might stay one night after the cruise.

I don't know,  but SAS can bring you to Ft Lauderdale Airport then have the hotel shuttle pick you up. 

• Thanks 1

Yup that is plan B.  Actually I think I’m on plan Q right now.  When my daughter said she was unable to join us, it threw a huge monkey wrench in the plans.  I am trying to work out an entirely different “plan” now.

19 hours ago, JerseyGirlJen said:

I'm a Hilton Marina fan.  Recently redone, great pool, nice Intracoastal vibe, poolside bar & grill has good food and drink, Water Taxi stops at the hotel, walking distance down 17th St to numerous restaurants, shops, liquor stores, pharmacy, etc, and it's right .  

I'm cruising out of Miami on my next one and planning on staying in Ft. Lauderdale.  I'm not a city person, FLL is my speed.

This is a good plan.  No reason to stay in Miami. .  Just grab an Uber from the hotel to PortMiami the day of your cruise.  

• Like 1