Carnival Past Passenger Deals

mnsawyer

Hi Everyone:

Just wanted to let you know that Carnival is offering some great rates for past passengers. About 10 days ago, my PVP called and priced out a vacation on a balcony cabin for a cruise within the next 8 weeks which was considerably lower than the website price. Yesterday, she gave me a price for a balcony cabin on the Verandah deck for about $250 less than the Empress Deck cabin. It's even lower than a guaranteed balcony so don't know where she got this price but assume that Carnival wants to fill all their cabins!

We were not planning on cruising this year since we sailed the Glory last year but with these prices, it's very tempting. Also, found some great rates on Delta Song out of Boston too!

I have sailed on Carnival twice. So far, they can't seem to locate me, so I don't have a past guest number. I may be one of those who will have to send them pictures of us on the ship (like another poster mentioned in a different thread).

Is there an advantage to being registered on the Carnival site or with a PVP to find out about the past passenger discounts? Are these only offered directly through Carnival or do some TAs also discount past passengers?

Are the discounts significant enough for me to go through the trouble of trying to get a past guest number?

Thanks!

I mainly travel solo on my cruises. I recently booked one with Carnival for April. When I checked with my travel agent, the price she quoted me was very high (I expect to pay extra because I'm solo, but what she quoted was :eek: :eek: ).

I called Carnival, told the PVP what ship and date I was intrested in. I told her that I sailed on Carnival years ago (she found my number), but I had my mainer society number and know that they offer past guest rates with the VIP program.

The rate that Carnival quoted me was over $300 less than my agent. I booked it right away!!

We just booked our cruise on the Miracle through our TA. When the Carnival guy she was talking to got our past guest numbers, he worked out a deal for us. Basically, we were booking an 8I cabin, but they said that they'd book us at a lower category then upgrade us to the 8I we wanted. Saved us about $100. I couldn't find this particular sailing on any past guest specials list, either.

I have sailed on Carnival twice. So far, they can't seem to locate me, so I don't have a past guest number. I may be one of those who will have to send them pictures of us on the ship (like another poster mentioned in a different thread).

Is there an advantage to being registered on the Carnival site or with a PVP to find out about the past passenger discounts? Are these only offered directly through Carnival or do some TAs also discount past passengers?

Are the discounts significant enough for me to go through the trouble of trying to get a past guest number?

Thanks!

Unfortunately, Carnival's past guest system is a little unreliable, because names are transferred manually from the actual manifests into the system. Therefore typos are rampant, and often times names can not be found. Best thing is to get a PVP, give them all pertinent informaton, (your name and names of family members, address at time of booking, date of birth etc.) and they should be able to find you. and yes, past guest discounts can be very significant, especially if you cruise off-peak.

Hi Everyone:

Just wanted to let you know that Carnival is offering some great rates for past passengers. About 10 days ago, my PVP called and priced out a vacation on a balcony cabin for a cruise within the next 8 weeks which was considerably lower than the website price. Yesterday, she gave me a price for a balcony cabin on the Verandah deck for about $250 less than the Empress Deck cabin. It's even lower than a guaranteed balcony so don't know where she got this price but assume that Carnival wants to fill all their cabins!

We were not planning on cruising this year since we sailed the Glory last year but with these prices, it's very tempting. Also, found some great rates on Delta Song out of Boston too!

Are there certain cruise's or are the deals "across the board"?

Archived