What is the SRN $ 80 charge line item for?

cmp03

This is listed under the 3rd person (teen) for our room reservation.  What does it stand for?  Is it refundable if the teen doesn't come on the cruise?  Port fees would be refunded if the teen doesn't come right?

1 hour ago, cmp03 said:

This is listed under the 3rd person (teen) for our room reservation.  What does it stand for?  Is it refundable if the teen doesn't come on the cruise?  Port fees would be refunded if the teen doesn't come right?

Ship? Sailing?  In Europe you pay the service charges up front so it could be that.  More info needed to help.

1 hour ago, alohayall said:

Port fees are refunded for anyone who is a no-show.  

No, absolutely not. Only for cruisers from special markets who paid the port fees separated from the cruise fare. For other customers nothing will be refunded in case of a no-show.

19 hours ago, Morgsmom said:

Ship? Sailing?  In Europe you pay the service charges up front so it could be that.  More info needed to help.

Its a 4 night cruise out of Port Canaveral.

It just has a line item for SRN $80 listed for the 3rd person in the room (a teen).  Its lists the cabin price, that charge, then taxes and fees.

cabin fares 119

SRN  80

Gov't fees and taxes 110.00

Edited by cmp03

6 minutes ago, phissy said:

Wondering if this is for Non alcoholic drink package for teen.

$20/ day x 4

Promos are usually only for passengers 1 and 2.

Quite likely!... Promos are just for pax 1 and 2 pretty much everywhere. If you have a drinks package, teen will need to pay for the teens non alcoholic version, even if it's a "teens sails free" promo, and port fees are bundled on your base fare.

• Like 1

I had to call to ask a questions about something else and they told me it was just taxes.  That on their end they see it broken down that way for passenger 1 and 2 also (but I just see cruise fare on my end)?   but who knows, that's also an easy response so I don't ask more questions.  

4 minutes ago, Nunagoras said:

Quite likely!... Promos are just for pax 1 and 2 pretty much everywhere. If you have a drinks package, teen will need to pay for the teens non alcoholic version, even if it's a "teens sails free" promo, and port fees are bundled on your base fare.

For fun, I priced out the 7 day one for the week before ours, and it listed the SRN fee as $159 for the teen.   So if it was just the $20 x number of nights it would have been $140??  

We are paying it either way,  I was just curious what it was since its only listed under the 3rd passenger.

52 minutes ago, perakcruiser said:

No, absolutely not. Only for cruisers from special markets who paid the port fees separated from the cruise fare. For other customers nothing will be refunded in case of a no-show.

Mea culpa; US-centric here, thinking others are the Special Markets - like how Daily Service Fees (gratuities) are included in cruise fares for Brits but Americans pay it in addition.  (Like we pay sales tax on a bill,  but VAT is already in the price of goods.

Thanks for widening my perspective.  (I’m not being sarcastic).