Observations from our Encore cruise June 12th - 26th

jag60uk

Here are just a few observations from our recent Encore cruise :-

444 on board first week; 380 the second week.

Noticeably more younger couples. Some large family groups including several young children.

Next to no guests wore masks in any situation.

Lucky to have Ross as CD. He’s on board until end of July. Luperci, the ACD, to be CD on the Venture from November.

Guest 50s/60s tribute band (not to our taste) were entertainment for 3 nights in first week - including the deck party. Back to Seabourn team for party second week.

No sea days but still few activities before trivia at 4.30.

Service outside in Colonnade for breakfast and lunch the best we’ve experienced.

A number of new staff obviously learning on the job. Most noticeable in MDR (on first night it took 3 attempts to deliver the correct appetisers) and the TK Grill (for example, my husband’s appetiser was delivered with my main).  All problems handled well by Restaurant Manager.

With the absence of newspapers, readers, jigsaw, etc. we were often the only people in Seabourn Square.

Toiletries in small containers as before.

Herald printed each day and left at turndown if requested. Paper port guides and maps also available but put out behind service desks or had to ask for.

Happy to answer any questions you may have.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Hi. The MDR wasn’t open for breakfast and lunch as is usual for cruises 7 days or less (this was a back to back). Didn’t visit The Club but quite a few dancing at Ross’s disco outside The Club which took place 2 nights a week. Went to the shows. Evidently first shows sparsely attended some nights (35 one night) but reasonable attendance at second shows.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jag60uk said:

The MDR wasn’t open for breakfast and lunch as is usual for cruises 7 days or less (this was a back to back).

3 hours ago, Mr Luxury said:

Is the MDR open for breakfast and lunch.

Mr L they haven't had the MDR open on port intensive cruises during Summer in the Med for quite a few years, even pre-Covid. I think too many are out having lunch in port or families having it around the pool to make the MDR staffing viable.

4 hours ago, frantic36 said:

Mr L they haven't had the MDR open on port intensive cruises during Summer in the Med for quite a few years, even pre-Covid. I think too many are out having lunch in port or families having it around the pool to make the MDR staffing viable.

Yes Julie,I have noticed this on some cruises but breakfast was still offered in the MDR.

I get why they don't open for lunch.

Interestingly on the Silver Moon last August you could get breakfast and lunch in Atlantide restaurant no problem.

I don't like the colonnade that much for breakfast as it's too loud and a bit of a scrum.

How long are you on Sojourn for?

I don't like the colonnade that much for breakfast as it's too loud and a bit of a scrum.

I think that's why they created the Patio breakfast on the pool deck, so there was an alternative to Colonnade — whether you prefer it to be outdoors, eat lighter, or avoid the 'scrum'. I do understand the Restaurant offers a more elegant experience, but the few times we at breakfast in the Restaurant, there were so few people there that it probably just didn't make sense to fire up that kitchen for just a handful of tables each day.

How long are you on Sojourn for?

We are on for 35 days. Only a few days now before we head out to Rome. First international flight in a few years and I admit to feeling nervous about making sure we have all the paper work right.

• Like 1

Hope all goes well, Frantic36. We hope to see you onboard near the end of your cruise. We board in Barcelona on Aug.7. Please let us know details of your journey and how life is on Sojourn.

Dee and Bob

10 hours ago, frantic36 said:

We are on for 35 days. Only a few days now before we head out to Rome. First international flight in a few years and I admit to feeling nervous about making sure we have all the paper work right.

Wonderful Julie,

I'm sure you'll both have a great time.

Are you testing in Rome or before you leave.

13 hours ago, CanAmBrit said:

Hope all goes well, Frantic36. We hope to see you onboard near the end of your cruise. We board in Barcelona on Aug.7. Please let us know details of your journey and how life is on Sojourn.

Dee and Bob

We hope to see you both, all being well and us not ending up in quarantine. 😊🤞. I will try and post if the WiFi spirits are playing nice.

Julie

2 hours ago, Mr Luxury said:

Wonderful Julie,

I'm sure you'll both have a great time.

Are you testing in Rome or before you leave.

Thank you. 

We will test in Rome as we we get there on the 5th and don't board until the 10th.

Julie

• Like 1