Walgreens changing travel Covid testing?

DaveOKC

5 hours ago, garden girl said:

does Onpoint test give a QR code?

And, anyone know if 2 of us can do it at the same time?

I was considering using one of the "bring your own" test companies using my free government supplied home test kits, but just saw this on HAL's Faq page:

• The testing procedure must include a telehealth service affiliated with the manufacturer of the test that provides real-time supervision remotely through an audio and video connection. Some FDA-authorized self-tests that include a telehealth service may require a prescription. 

I understand that this means the test must be from the same company that provides the supervision.

That puts a wrinkle in things. I only have 8 days. For some reason it appeared that several people were using them or one of the other bring your own test kits. I wonder if HAL will do a test if they won't accept it. Hopefully they wouldn't turn you away.

8 minutes ago, garden girl said:

For some reason it appeared that several people were using them or one of the other bring your own test kits.

I hope someone will post here if they have successfully used one of the "bring your own" sites. 

With a cruise so close, I would probably order one of the tests offered through HAL's web site.  Good luck and enjoy your cruise. If you decide to use the bring your own site, please report back here if you have any trouble boarding.  Thanks!

4 hours ago, garden girl said:

That puts a wrinkle in things. I only have 8 days. For some reason it appeared that several people were using them or one of the other bring your own test kits. I wonder if HAL will do a test if they won't accept it. Hopefully they wouldn't turn you away.

I have seen several personal reports on CC from folks that have successfully used the US free tests on one of the proctoring only sites such as those listed by the people up this thread. @The-Inside-Cabin and @pgwilli  Sorry, I don't remember the exact threads but could be searched on CC I guess.  @pgwilli please let us know if there was any problem with using yours.  

Thanks,

~Nancy

pgwilli, hate to be pest but did you have to provide insurance info when you registered or did I click on a link I didn't have to fill out? I stopped when it asked for insurance - why do they need it if this is paid upfront? I have emailed them but not heard back yet. Their online chat worked well before but is not up and running at the moment

20 minutes ago, garden girl said:

pgwilli, hate to be pest but did you have to provide insurance info when you registered or did I click on a link I didn't have to fill out? I stopped when it asked for insurance - why do they need it if this is paid upfront? I have emailed them but not heard back yet. Their online chat worked well before but is not up and running at the moment.

Is that on the HeathTrackRX registration form? My OnPoint proctor walked me thru filling that out...there was a selection for "customer paid" or something like that. Sorry, I can't get to where you are on the site without ordering another test.

I think that takes care of it. There is a choice for client bill. Good to know that the proctor was willing to assist.

Keeping fingers crossed everything goes as planned. We have an early morning appt the day we fly out. Hopefully the results come while we can still print them from home.

Thanks for all your research 

• Like 1