Cruise planner email specials are incorrect?

I have being getting these cruise planer specials via email over the last year or so (see below) however, when I log on I find that these discount are not available. Very annoying especially when everything is very expensive now days. These are true spam emails, if what is offered is actually not the case. Want to buy the internet package and the discount below is not available.

Has anyone had the same problem??

http://image.email.royalcaribbean.co.uk/lib/fe9815737067057b71/m/13/6c4591db-de12-46c1-811f-69fce4aad218.jpg

%%=v(@HERO_BODY1)=%% 30 %%=v(@HERO_BOD2)=%% - %%=v(@HERO_BODY3)=%% - %%=v(@HERO_BODY4)=%%

BOGO50 DELUXE BEVERAGE PACKAGE* - BUY NOW

35% OFF VOOM® VOOM PACKAGES FOR MULTIPLE DEVICES* - BUY NOW

FS_PHOTO_40_ffbf31

PRECRUISE DEAL SHOREX PACKAGE* - BUY NOW

FS_BEV_REF_30_ffbf31

20% OFF SELECT GIFTS & GEAR PRODUCTS* - BUY NOW

30% OFF THE KEY* - BUY NOW

FS_SPA_30_ffbf31

Glen do you have questions about your cruise?

CALL ROYAL CARIBBEAN® AT 1799 754 500

BOOKING ID

SHIP
QUANTUM OF THE SEAS®

SAILING DATE
October 13, 2022

http://image.RoyalCaribbeanMarketing.com/lib/fe9415737666017570/m/15/RCI-Logo-retina_final.jpg

TERMS & CONDITIONS

*Offer applies to new purchases made between June 29, 2022 to July 6, 2022 (GMT +4) Discount applies to select shore excursion, beverage, dining and internet purchases on select sailings departing July 3, 2022 – April 30, 2023. Discount amount varies by amenity type. Percentage off reflects savings from onboard prices. Additional terms and restrictions may apply. The terms and conditions of each amenity and package type apply. For full terms and conditions and offer details, visit Cruise Planner. Discounts apply to pre-cruise purchases only. All Offers are subject to availability and change.Offers apply to individual bookings on eligible sailings and must be booked at least two days prior to sailing. Offers are non-transferable and not combinable with Crown & Anchor onboard discounts or any other offer or promotion.

Health and safety protocols, guest conduct rules, and regional travel restrictions vary by ship and destination, and are subject to change without notice. Due to evolving health protocols, imagery and messaging may not accurately reflect onboard and destination experiences, offerings, features, or itineraries. These may not be available during your voyage, may vary by ship and destination, and may be subject to change without notice.

If you choose a Beverage Package, PLEASE DRINK RESPONSIBILY. Beverage Packages cannot be shared by guests. Sharing or improper use of drinks packages may result in cancellation of the guest's package without refund.

E-MAIL INFORMATION

This email was sent to GSEDEN@BIGPOND.COM , by the Royal Caribbean International Email List Manager. You have received this email as you previously requested to receive email updates from us.If you would like to update your e-mail address, or to unsubscribe, click here.

PRIVACY POLICY

Read our Privacy Policy.

CUSTOMER SUPPORT
How can we help you? If you have questions or comments, please do not respond to this e-mail. Instead, visit
Customer Support for answers to frequently asked questions and information on how you can contact us.

® 2022 Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. Ships registered in the Bahamas.

1 minute ago, SuitesRbest said:

Want to buy the internet package and the discount below is not available.

Most of the ads have qualifiers like " up to" or "from". Also, pretty sure the sale is limited by quantify (if they run out at the "sale" price they raise the price). And, with Voom, you can get 35% off but only on certain packages, like a 4 device Stream. One other thing to note, this email goes to virtually everyone on every sailing/ship - they don't tailor it to you - as you discovered, some of the sales don't apply to you but it might to someone else.

It's the curse of the asterisk. 😉 "Up to x%," "select," etc. 

It's unfortunate, but if you want to make sure you're getting the best possible deal, you really need to monitor your cruise planner(s) closely. Sales go up & down, but the base price can too. As you noted, lately everything's been going pretty much exclusively up, but you never know for the future. Hope springs eternal. 🙂 

Another thing to know is that the emails for Cruise Planner sales always have an asterisk attached:

the "discount" is not off of the cruise planner price, it is off the full price if you buy daily on ship.

For instance, the UDP is not reduced from cruise planner price, but a quote of what you would save if you paid for a specialty meal on everyday of your cruise. 

The sale on voom is based on the daily rate if you wait and buy it on the ship once you board.

Package prices do vary from time to time, but to know if you are getting a sale you need to know what the standard daily or weekly price is. 

The best sale I've seen on most of my cruises is Black Friday/ Cyber Monday. The reality is that you can book the cruise planner items as soon as you book the cruise, then watch to see if they are reduced later. If you find a better price later, you can rebook at the new price and cancel the first purchase. The original purchase will be credited back to the original credit card charged.

Barb

I had the same thing happen to me for the July 4th sale. I received an email that said the Key was 40% off for my sailing. I clicked on buy now from the ad and it was only 30% off. There were no asterisks, up tos, or froms. It did say limited availability. If that means first come first serve, it just seems misleading because it’s not sold out just sold out at that price!

11 minutes ago, fwbmom said:

I had the same thing happen to me for the July 4th sale. I received an email that said the Key was 40% off for my sailing. I clicked on buy now from the ad and it was only 30% off. There were no asterisks, up tos, or froms. It did say limited availability. If that means first come first serve, it just seems misleading because it’s not sold out just sold out at that price!

Since there is no set price for the Key, they can announce any percentage off they want.  😉

• Like 1