How do you get flight delay info from Air Canada for insurance

Cowboy296

Was on the NCL Gem Greek Island cruise out of Trieste, Italy June 19 - 26. We had Air Canada flight AC819 on the 26th, Venice to Montreal, Canada. Flight was delayed leaving Venice and sat on the tarmac in Montreal waiting on ground crew so we missed our connecting flight out of Montreal. Air Canada rebooked us on flights for the 27th and had to get a hotel. Air Canada flight the next day, AC1073 to Denver was late getting in so we missed our United flight to New Orleans and had to get another hotel in Denver.  Insurance is thru NCL AON. Talked to AON agent today and was told I need to supply flight delay info from Air Canada. I have all receipts for my extra expenses. Can someone tell me how to get the flight delay info required for the insurance claim? 

When we needed proof of delay... and then flight cancellation.... we had been capturing screen shots of the plane's progress.  Er, lack of progress.

But then we asked the airline (not AC) for documentation of when the flight was supposed to depart and when it actually did depart (the next day), and we printed that out to submit with our hotel and meal receipts.

GC

FLIGHTAWARE.COM is a fantastic tool for this kind of thing.   I looked up your VCE-YUL flight ... this shows your actual times (and the delay):

image.png.58ddb65276e9ad0f93c5103b9988fb45.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, GeezerCouple said:

Good to know!

Thanks.

GC

OOPS .. i just realized i quoted you -- i meant to quote the OP  ... hope they see it!

On 7/1/2022 at 11:36 PM, JustAPilot said:

Why in the world would you sign your self up to that kind of routing. Venice to YUL then Denver then to New Orleans? 

Highly likely that's a question for NCL's air department.  Yes, FlightAware is great for stuff like this.  

On 7/1/2022 at 10:36 PM, JustAPilot said:

Why in the world would you sign your self up to that kind of routing. Venice to YUL then Denver then to New Orleans? 

I did not sign myself up for it. NCL originally had flight to Montreal, Houston then New Orleans. Missed the Houston flight. AIr Canada booked the flights to Denver and then to New Orleans