check your flights

sunsetme

1 hour ago, Bwana Tom said:

The airlines do not always notify you of changes and cancellations. We had this to happen to us many times over the last couple of years with no notification whatsoever. There will usually be a notice that your flight has changed when you log into their website, but often no emails, no telephone calls, no nothing. On one occasion American changed our flight and had us departing before we even were to arrive at our connection airport. The only way I knew about that change and eventually arranged for another change of flights was to pull it up on the internet. These days you simply can't count on the airlines to actually notify you of the changes they make. Sad I know, but it is reality in todays world. I would strongly recommend you pull up your flight periodically and check your flights. 

How do you book your flights?

14 minutes ago, Bwana Tom said:

I book on my own from the airlines website.

Then, the notifications would go to you if you’re signed up.  

We use mostly Delta and United and we always get notifications… except, if it happens just before a flight and the notifications have not been sent.  

In my account, I have signed up for email and texts notices on their Apps. Also 2 days before the flight, I go onto the flight status and click to watch the flight and notifications.  

Also, if you do EZAIR, there is an option to opt out of notifications by the airlines.

I would never do that.  

Anyway, if it’s mostly AA flights, I’d question why you aren’t getting notified.

Especially these days. 

56 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

Then, the notifications would go to you if you’re signed up.  

We use mostly Delta and United and we always get notifications… except, if it happens just before a flight and the notifications have not been sent.  

In my account, I have signed up for email and texts notices on their Apps. Also 2 days before the flight, I go onto the flight status and click to watch the flight and notifications.  

Also, if you do EZAIR, there is an option to opt out of notifications by the airlines.

I would never do that.  

Anyway, if it’s mostly AA flights, I’d question why you aren’t getting notified.

Especially these days. 

Not always American. Particularly since Covid customer services are in the drink. I’ve had problems also with Delta and Alaska. We won’t fly United. We live by the rule check the flights frequently.

This is the first, and last, time I will ever use EZ air. I have always booked my own flights in the past. But the prices were great, and they have the guarantee to get you to the ship...

I booked the flights back in February. We had a Quebec to New York cruise, board on Aug 5, ship leaves Aug 6. Had flight originally scheduled to leave Cleveland at 9:30am and get to Quebec at 2:30. Plenty of time to make the ship. Multiple changes from AA later, the flight leaves Cleveland at 6:00am and lands in Quebec at 12:45. Wonderful! We check in for the flight at 7:00pm on Aug 4 and go to bed. We get up at 1:00am on Aug 5 to find that our flight has been changed to Sunday Aug 7. I call EZ Air, amd on the phone with them for over an hour. Best they can do is get is to Montreal at 7:15pm. They tell me from there, I will need to catch a bus, train, or hire a car to get to Quebec. Im sorry, what? They want to abandon us 3 hours from the ship, and tell us to figure out how to get there. This is not the customer service I was expecting from Princess. I will never use this service again! I am fighting for a refund of the airfare (that I probably won't get). Luckily, we are only a 12 hour drive from Quebec, so we jumped in the car and made it in time to have dinner on the ship. Be warned - the guarantee to get you to the ship only works if it is convenient for them! Leaving us stranded in a city we have never been to before with a 3 hour drive to the ship is not what I call getting me to my cruise!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just to add to this topic... We cruised two weeks ago.  The day before the cruise I checked in and received a boarding pass.  (This is on Southwest) Right before going to bed, I decided I probably should check our flight again as we left at 6:00 am and I didn't want to show up if it was cancelled.  When I logged in, I got a message that we were now (3 of us) on standby for the flight and we were sixth in line!  I checked other flights for that day and they were all sold out thinking that they would put us on another flight.  I freaked out and called Southwest.  I explained that I had these reservations since they opened the dates and I need to be on that plane with my family.  Luckily they were able correct it after 2 1/2 hours on hold.  We made our flight and everything else from that time on went smoothly.  

Edited by jp2746
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, jp2746 said:

Just to add to this topic... We cruised two weeks ago.  The day before the cruise I checked in and received a boarding pass.  (This is on Southwest) Right before going to bed, I decided I probably should check our flight again as we left at 6:00 am and I didn't want to show up if it was cancelled.  When I logged in, I got a message that we were now (3 of us) on standby for the flight and we were sixth in line!  I checked other flights for that day and they were all sold out thinking that they would put us on another flight.  I freaked out and called Southwest.  I explained that I had these reservations since they opened the dates and I need to be on that plane with my family.  Luckily they were able correct it after 2 1/2 hours on hold.  However, we made our flight and everything else from that time on went smoothly.  

What a nightmare.  So glad you got it fixed.