Balcony Cabin Question - Joy

js

14 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

The rooms are the same size. It is just the way the deck plans a drawn. If you look at the actual profile of the ship, it dips back inward at that point. 

image.png.d4d8a7c92916b9e1e759ed43a35e3f9f.png

Ohh thank you for this picture!

15 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

The rooms are the same size. It is just the way the deck plans a drawn. If you look at the actual profile of the ship, it dips back inward at that point. 

image.png.d4d8a7c92916b9e1e759ed43a35e3f9f.png

Ohh thank you for this picture!

Is this the balcony I am asking about? Well the configuration:

9AB73E17-657D-4AB9-9CC1-4B660D099A63.jpeg

I'm curious, @BirdTravels, are the balconies on the "bump out" larger than on the "bump in"?  I was in a "bump in" balcony on the Bliss, and a "bump out" on the Joy, the balcony itself was noticeably larger on the Joy, the room was the same size.  The room on the Joy was NOT one that showed as deeper on the deck plans (14252 for reference).

I booked cabin 8748, a BF cabin, which appears to have a slanted balcony but cannot find on here or fb or youtube anyone that has had that balcony. 

My dh is a little worried we will hear noise

or smell cigar smoke but Im hoping if I havent seen any pros/cons about this balcony, it may be  okay. 

We are in our mid/upper 50s and enjoy the nightlife and outside bars on NCL and thought it would be “fun” to book right on deck 8. 

I dont sail until next July so I have time to move if I find out it is a problem. 

33 minutes ago, js said:

I booked cabin 8748, a BF cabin, which appears to have a slanted balcony but cannot find on here or fb or youtube anyone that has had that balcony. 

My dh is a little worried we will hear noise

or smell cigar smoke but Im hoping if I havent seen any pros/cons about this balcony, it may be  okay. 

We are in our mid/upper 50s and enjoy the nightlife and outside bars on NCL and thought it would be “fun” to book right on deck 8. 

I dont sail until next July so I have time to move if I find out it is a problem. 

The Joy is a sister ship to Encore, Bliss and Escape, but the cabin numbering differs.   

If you check the deck plans for deck 8 on those ships you will see that cabins 8138/8738 are in the same position as your cabin on the Joy.  There are videos on youtube for some of the other ships showing the larger balcony with the slant.

• Like 1