Apple Airtags

talljules1

7 hours ago, chamima said:

Where inside the luggage would it impact the efficiency?

I don't think they would unless they are close to a metal object that is blocking it's signal.  I've never tried mine in one of those metal suitcases but could be problematic.

Those with non Apple phones might want to download the app that lets you know if an Air Tag is moving with you, even if you aren't interested in having them yourselves. It can let you know if someone has dropped one into your bag or attached one to your car. There have been quite a few news stories about this happening, especially to young women. 

They're terrific for many purposes, but can also be used for nefarious ones. 

3 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

I looked at my Amazon Order and have to make a correction.  They do not come with the leather key rings they are an accessory i bought separately for 4 for $29.00

There are third party AirTag luggage tags holders and key rings that cost less than the Apple branded accessories.

I do have one of the key ring holders  but all my luggage and backpacks etc. all have some small pockets I can put them in so I don’t need any accessories for those.  One in the car just sits in a center compartment.  If I had a metal bag or bag without pockets would be the only reason I think to buy a luggage tag accessory.