Cancelling and rebooking due to lower price

Shiraus82

When purchasing shore excursions online, can they be cancelled for full refund and re-booked if price goes lower? I cancel and rebook items in cruise planner with Royal Caribbean all the time, but can we do it with NCL as well?

We have the free at sea promotions which include the $50 off of shore excursions. I understand that when booking online, it will be applied to the first guest's purchase. So just making sure: that means that if the excursion is for example $30 per person (ie. $60 for two people), the promotion will essentially delete the first ticket price but not touch the second one even though the first person's ticket didn't use the full amount. Total cost for two for the excursion $30 and not just $10, right? 

Also, I know I can call to reprice the cruise itself. But my booking has the doubleup offer, so will they throw out the extra CND I used when I originally booked the cruise?

@Shiraus82

For cruises if you re-fare then the new cruise will have the "perks" at the time of the re-fare and you lose earlier ones.   Be very careful when you re-fare.   It is best if you have a decent PCC who will tell you ALL the changes if you ask him/her to advise you whether a re-fare is beneficial to you.  (S)he should then tell you what any change would do to the "perks" in the booking.   (S)he should also tell you the exact saving.   beware just looking at a large price drop, check if it occurred because NCL have introduced Sail Away prices on that cruise; they tend to do that late in the process NOT at the beginning.

To the question about shorex; I see no reason why you can't cancel and rebook.   But be sure there will be places available after the cancellation; you may find that you go to the bottom of a waitlist.    Also I doubt that you will find a "price-drop" on NCL shorex.

The $50 shorex promotion will only be given to the FIRST NAME on the booking.   If the shorex is less than $50 you actually lose the difference.  So your $30 excursion will cost $30 for the second guest.

HTH

Mike

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Shiraus82 said:

When purchasing shore excursions online, can they be cancelled for full refund and re-booked if price goes lower? 

Most excursions can be cancelled but I don't think I've ever seen the price go down.

• Like 1

In April, an excursion (for a future cruise) was cancelled.

Currently, that cruise has the same excursion showing available to book ...at $30 more, per person!  Excursion prices are going up, not down.

Edited by ggTexasGal
added word

13 hours ago, Shiraus82 said:

Also, I know I can call to reprice the cruise itself. But my booking has the doubleup offer, so will they throw out the extra CND I used when I originally booked the cruise?

This afternoon I upgraded our November cruise (pre-final payment) from balcony to club balcony and the 2 CND were still applied. Even with the upgrade we still save about $60 from when we originally booked in 2021.

Over the phone it sounded like the process was identical to when we've rebooked in the past. But definitely remind them to ensure both deposits are applied.