Skagway - Driving into Canada

maranelloboy05

• 2 weeks later...

As I understand it, you would need to set up ArriveCAN even if you do not drive into Canada; due to the requirement of docking in a Canadian port anyway before returning home.

You do need arriveCan for the cruise itself. But you need to fill it out again for your drive into Canada from Skagway. We were asked for it at customs while driving last week. No additional testing or anything. One member of our group didn't have it filled out and they asked to see her vax card, and then let us through. 

We just did this drive last week. I forgot to update my ArriveCan onboard to add this extra trip into the app. At the border crossing there was nary a mention of the app. They checked our passports, possibly our vax cards (I don't remember - they were with the passports) and asked where we were headed and for how long. That was it. Just one more data point.

Thanks all, digging around I did see some reference that for others the ArriveCan they did for Victoria worked for driving across as well and some mention that you cant do a secondary one so might just risk it. They dont seem to be too strict for the cruise ship passengers.

We drove to Emerald Lake today from Skagway, had our arrive can filled out with our pass code, junked asked for Passports and a couple of questions. 

I believe when they process the Passports the see the info from arrivecan.

Great trip, saw 3 cinnamon black bears.

I was also wondering about this. We plan to drive in from Skagway and I didnt know if I need 2 AriveCan just the original for Victoria.  We have a few in our group who are waiting to hear about their vax exemption approval. They stated they would not get off the ship in Victoria(which they 100% will honor). Would this mean they possibly would be allowed to travel beyond the check point?  Would the boarder agents have any knowledge about this?   We hope to be able to travel to Emerald Lake together. I totally understand this could be a gray area. 

12 hours ago, RSWBADGER said:

We drove to Emerald Lake today from Skagway, had our arrive can filled out with our pass code, junked asked for Passports and a couple of questions. 

I believe when they process the Passports the see the info from arrivecan.

Great trip, saw 3 cinnamon black bears.

Did you do a separate one for Skagway or just the one for Victoria?

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/15/2022 at 8:59 AM, maranelloboy05 said:

Did you do a separate one for Skagway or just the one for Victoria?

We sailed from Vancouver, filled out ArriveCan on the way to Vancouver, then again before the Fraser, Canada border crossing.