Ideas on how to have concerns addressed?

munson1

16 minutes ago, SeaShark said:

Can you have a conversation without resorting to insults and namecalling?

Are you now saying that baggage claim, the cruise line, and the airport got together to work on getting the luggage to you? Did the airline and NCL have a conversation as to which port to deliver your luggage to? Why weren't you involved?

Does it have to happen to me for you to provide some basic information? 

I posted this question to the community with the understanding that the responses I would receive would be from others that have gone through the same issue and would be able to provide me with insight to help me and possibly others in the future.I was not expecting someone to question my every single detail and try to pour salt on a wound.Obviously you have not been down this road with having your luggage mishandled and have nothing add to a positive resolution.I am looking for answers not questions.

1 hour ago, munson1 said:

I posted this question to the community with the understanding that the responses I would receive would be from others that have gone through the same issue and would be able to provide me with insight to help me and possibly others in the future.I was not expecting someone to question my every single detail and try to pour salt on a wound.Obviously you have not been down this road with having your luggage mishandled and have nothing add to a positive resolution.I am looking for answers not questions.

Where did this "understanding" come from? I've seen nothing limiting who could respond.

FWIW...your answers are in the questions, or perhaps you're not familiar with the Socratic method...

You asked for ideas to have your concerns addressed, yet you balk at providing enough information to give you an appropriate answer. It appears that you are hoping more for validation than information. Don't forget you were there, you already have experienced what went on. For others to understand, you need to provide them will all of the information. You can't just expect them to glean it on their own.

4 hours ago, SeaShark said:

Why would NCL (who isn't carrying a spare car onboard to run errands while in port) agree to go get luggage when they have no way to get to the airport?

NCL contracts with a "port agent" at each port, usually a company.  They know in advance what that contract is, they should be able to make arrangements for this through them so that the luggage can be retrieved from the airport by the agent/agency or delivered by the airline to the agent at the port so that it can then be loaded on the ship when it arrives.  I have to wonder if the agent/agency was contacted but was actually the entity that "dropped the ball".  If that's the case, who is the complaint with?

There are potentially MANY points of failure in that process, it could be difficult to pin full fault on any one of them.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, munson1 said:

The airline sent the luggage to one of our ports during the cruise and NCL failed to pick it up and bring it to us.Now the luggage is 1/2 in Barcelona and 1/2 in Nice France airports.This is why I feel they are partially responsible.

Old story.

A man is checking in for his flight to LA. 

He tells the agent that he wants one bag to go to Detroit. 

The second bag to Miami.

And the third bag to Dallas.

The agent tells the man that the airline won't do that.

The man asks "Why not, you did it last week?"

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, hallux said:

NCL contracts with a "port agent" at each port, usually a company.  They know in advance what that contract is, they should be able to make arrangements for this through them so that the luggage can be retrieved from the airport by the agent/agency or delivered by the airline to the agent at the port so that it can then be loaded on the ship when it arrives.  I have to wonder if the agent/agency was contacted but was actually the entity that "dropped the ball".  If that's the case, who is the complaint with?

There are potentially MANY points of failure in that process, it could be difficult to pin full fault on any one of them.

The job of the port agent is to be a go between between the cruise line and the port and other entities (customs, local govt entities, suppliers), not to be the errand boy to pick up a guest's luggage at the airport. 

22 hours ago, cruiseny4life said:

@SeaShark - this seems to be why the OP believes it is NCL's fault. I would agree with the OP, except that I would not have trusted NCL to provide pick up the luggage. To be fair, it's pretty challenging for a passenger to make arrangements with an airline while on the cruise - though if this were me I am sure I would have purchased the streaming internet package to have access to email and WiFi calls. Hopefully they would actually go through and not just buffer. 

The OP tried to work through the airline/NCL system. While probably not the best option based on other's experiences, this should be an option that works fine. Sounds to me that NCL messed this one up and you're not quite getting that by quoting the post that doesn't have all the information necessary to form an opinion. 

In our experience, we couldn't get through to the airline no matter the different numbers we tried. Guest Services assured us that they would get through and get it sorted, and that they do it all the time. We suggested we would go to the airport to collect ourselves and they told us there was absolutely no need and the bag would be on board by the time we got back. 

When we realised the bag wasn't there, and probably wasn't ever coming, they didn't have any answers for us where the point of failure was and were pretty blasé about it all, that was probably the worst bit.  It was like - trust us, trust us, honestly, just trust us. Then - Oops, sorry, not our problem.  

(Thankfully my friend got her bag back 6-8 weeks after our return home!)