Updated Booster Requirements

uspearls

Just received this notice at 10:16pm PT for our upcoming Island Princess voyage out of Copenhagen in 7 days:

UPDATED BOOSTER REQUIREMENTS FOR YOUR VOYAGE
Please be advised that due to the length and itinerary of this voyage, all guests 18 years of age and older must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 and, if eligible, have received a COVID-19 booster. Eligibility is determined by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control (CDC) definition, which is available on their website at https://*****/cdc_booster. Boosters can be received any time up to embarkation. Guests 5 years or older who are under 18 must be fully vaccinated (or go through an exemption process) but will not require a booster. Children under 5 years of age do not need to be vaccinated.

It's curious we received this so close to departure.  This looks to be a tightening of the rule currently posted on the Princess website for European departures:

• For voyages departing on or after 7 May, boosters are required for guests 18 years and older whose final dose of an approved/authorized COVID-19 vaccine is older than 9 months (270 days) from the date of disembarkation.

Anyone else received similar for another voyage?

5 hours ago, uspearls said:

Just received this notice at 10:16pm PT for our upcoming Island Princess voyage out of Copenhagen in 7 days:

UPDATED BOOSTER REQUIREMENTS FOR YOUR VOYAGE
Please be advised that due to the length and itinerary of this voyage, all guests 18 years of age and older must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 and, if eligible, have received a COVID-19 booster. Eligibility is determined by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control (CDC) definition, which is available on their website at https://*****/cdc_booster. Boosters can be received any time up to embarkation. Guests 5 years or older who are under 18 must be fully vaccinated (or go through an exemption process) but will not require a booster. Children under 5 years of age do not need to be vaccinated.

It's curious we received this so close to departure.  This looks to be a tightening of the rule currently posted on the Princess website for European departures:

• For voyages departing on or after 7 May, boosters are required for guests 18 years and older whose final dose of an approved/authorized COVID-19 vaccine is older than 9 months (270 days) from the date of disembarkation.

Anyone else received similar for another voyage?

Looks like they are just reminding everyone that is sailing out of Europe about the rules that changed in May 7?

Some people are not reading the rules or maybe haven’t checked them again since May 7?  

• Like 1

Confused about "Final Dose" here. I'm assuming that they mean the last dose of your primary series? If so, we're good. If they're talking about the booster, we'd be pretty close or even over, since we got vaccinated early and boosted early. Happy to get another one, but not sure we can get that in before we sail...

8 minutes ago, SimplyMarvie said:

Confused about "Final Dose" here. I'm assuming that they mean the last dose of your primary series? If so, we're good. If they're talking about the booster, we'd be pretty close or even over, since we got vaccinated early and boosted early. Happy to get another one, but not sure we can get that in before we sail...

They mean the primary series (2 doses for most). If you have 1 booster you're good. 

12 hours ago, uspearls said:

COVID-19 vaccine is older than 9 months (270 days) from the date of disembarkation.

It's been within 270 days for quite a while now. Difference seems to be from date of embarkation to date of disembarkation.  Which makes it anywhere from 7 days -> 26 days less (ie: 244 -> 263 after a jab)

I got the same notice. On princess website they say 2 doses and 1 booster are considered fully vaccinated. It`s a bit more unclear for me on the cdc link in the notice that says over 50 requires 2 booster. In Sweden were i live only over 65 are offered the second booster. I realy hope there will be no troubles only having 1 booster dose.

57 minutes ago, stormemma said:

I got the same notice. On princess website they say 2 doses and 1 booster are considered fully vaccinated. It`s a bit more unclear for me on the cdc link in the notice that says over 50 requires 2 booster. In Sweden were i live only over 65 are offered the second booster. I realy hope there will be no troubles only having 1 booster dose.

In the UK only over 75s or those clinically vulnerable have been given a second booster

In the UK it is 2 primary vaccines and 1 booster to be considered fully vaccinated. Some groups were given a 2nd booster (mainly extremely vulnerable and over 75s). 

My husband and I have had 5 vaccines and I'm hoping it doesn't confuse them at check in! We have so many sheets to our NHS certificates. We were on a vaccine trial and then had to have approved vaccines to be able to travel and then had a booster. I don't recommend 5 in a short space of time (less than a year for me!) We were very ill.