Royal billing issue

Does anyone have a contact with Royal Caribbean that might be able to help me with a billing issue?  I've called 4 times to the customer service line and sent 2 messages and can't get a response.  

7 minutes ago, kstom1 said:

Does anyone have a contact with Royal Caribbean that might be able to help me with a billing issue?  I've called 4 times to the customer service line and sent 2 messages and can't get a response.  

Two questions and one answer:

Did you book direct or through a TA?

What is the nature of the issue?

If you booked direct, you need to call RCL. If you booked through a TA, you need to call your TA.

Depending on what the billing issue is, you may have to email RCL directly.

16 minutes ago, orville99 said:

Two questions and one answer:

Did you book direct or through a TA?

What is the nature of the issue?

If you booked direct, you need to call RCL. If you booked through a TA, you need to call your TA.

Depending on what the billing issue is, you may have to email RCL directly.

I booked through RCL.   But they are not helpful.  They owe me a refund

17 minutes ago, kstom1 said:

I booked through RCL.   But they are not helpful.  They owe me a refund

Is for a completed cruise, or for an upcoming cruise? There are different points of contact depending on which scenario you are facing.

3 hours ago, orville99 said:

Is for a completed cruise, or for an upcoming cruise? There are different points of contact depending on which scenario you are facing.

pre-cruise

11 hours ago, monorail81 said:

What do they owe you a refund for?

I called to add a person to our stateroom.  After an hour on the phone with customer service, they couldn't confirm a price for this.  I asked her if I could just book a new reservation and she could cancel the old.  She guaranteed there wouldn't be a penalty and put in the request for refund.  I put a deposit down on the new res.

She didn't cancel.  I called back 3 days later to make sure the cancelation went through because I was getting emails on the old res.  I then paid in full for the old res.

The new agent, after another hour, guaranteed I would be fully refunded in 7-10 business days.  A few days later, I got a refund of the deposit amount on the new res instead of the full amount on the old res.

I am also waiting on a $250 refund.  I was initially told 30 days.  After 30 days, I called back and was put on hold for 10 minutes.  When they returned, I was informed there had been an error in the processing of the refund and it would take another 7-10 days 😡

2 hours ago, kstom1 said:

A few days later, I got a refund of the deposit amount on the new res instead of the full amount on the old res.

You may want to go out to your C&A account and see which reservation number is still active, and that the additional person is on it. It sounds like they cancelled the new reservation and kept the original one instead.

2 hours ago, kstom1 said:

I asked her if I could just book a new reservation and she could cancel the old.  

This is where things went off the rails - moving to a new category (to accommodate more guests in a cabin) or adding a person to an existing cabin should have been very simple. When things don't seem right, either get some feedback here or call back.

1 hour ago, BusyFLmom said:

I am also waiting on a $250 refund.  I was initially told 30 days.  After 30 days, I called back and was put on hold for 10 minutes.  When they returned, I was informed there had been an error in the processing of the refund and it would take another 7-10 days 😡

This has happened to us several times. Keep the pressure on them, because that 7-10 day window can (and did for us) become another 30+days.

1 hour ago, BusyFLmom said:

Same thing happened to me, Put in for a refund 37 days ago for a cash refund, told it would be 10 days......so 27 days later I inquire again and they say sorry it was put in incorrectly as a FCC.......that's BS. I  said cash refund to the agent at Royal. about 6 times while on the call.