Temperature check

18 minutes ago, crewsweeper said:

Temperature checks were the knee-jerk response to monitoring COVID before tests became available.  Failed to prove effective and although some original COVID sufferers had high flu like temperatures, there was little correlation between body temperature and COVID .  Plus easily faked if you did have a temperature. 

When I had COVID (Original Recipe 2020) I never ran a fever.  Taking my temp would have been a  worthless attempt at stopping me from spreading it.

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, Ashland said:

Hmmm....Interesting, we had a port day in St Kitts onboard Explorer also in March and certainly didn't see this.

We had our temperatures check in St. Kitts right after the restart (nearly a year ago).  It was pretty odd, but we were just so happy to be cruising at all that we didn't bat an eyelash at it.  I am glad to hear that's likely done with, though.,

21 hours ago, Ashland said:

Hmmm....Interesting, we had a port day in St Kitts onboard Explorer also in March and certainly didn't see this.

In retrospect it could have been Barbados.  

3 hours ago, Ky Bill said:

In retrospect it could have been Barbados.  

We had a port stop in March at Barbados also...no temp check.

We were doing the southern Caribbean a B2B and none of the ports we visited did a temp check.

However things can and did change quickly around that time....especially sailing out of San Juan...No travel declaration needed for our arrival vs a week or two prior to that.

21 hours ago, rudeney said:

Let's hope not.  Imagine standing outside the terminal in the hot sun waiting for your assigned boarding time only to have your sunburnt forehead pop a 100F and you get denied boarding! ☹️  Something similar happened to me once when trying to donate blood - they had us lined up outside in the sun waiting to enter the bloodmobile and 2/3 of donors were turned away due to our temps being too high.

No...it would be when you get inside and up to the counter and do your health check.   That is where you answer questions to register, get your picture taken, and follow up health check.  

On 7/7/2022 at 8:51 AM, time4u2go said:

Answered in post #12.

Not really answered....since they are "stressing" over something that is unknown.  Why would you ask this question?  I have been temp checked maybe 50+ times in the first year and not once was this ever a stress.  

On 7/7/2022 at 3:43 PM, rudeney said:

It keeps them from picking their noses!  😜 

Seriously, though, gloves will keep a person from touching their face and then possibly transferring infected respiratory fluids onto surfaces, so I guess they do some good!

I think you can still touch your face if wearing gloves. Boxers do it.🤔

• Haha 1