Disappointing and confusing customer service from Azamara today!

Hammer61

Hope this isnt typical.

Called up as they have a new promotion for the sailing we
are on and asked about the price promise guarantee, on hold a while as the agent had a
look at our booking etc, then said I would lose half my OBC, I said that’s fine
it’s still a decent saving if we go to the new promotion, so then get told its
only for new bookings! Erm so what’s the point of the price guarantee I ask?

Anyway, the agent said he would investigate if it could be done, so on hold
for a while again, then came back and said it could be done but would be a $100
each cancelation fee, oh well I thought it’s still worthwhile, but can you
check that, on hold for a while again then said he may be a while so can he call me
back in an hour or so, ok I said!

2 hours later I get an offer for reservation email?? That’s also asking
for a deposit to be paid and no FCC on the invoice and stateroom is GTY, eh!? Second
email then arrives cancelling the original booking with $100 fee each plus the
deposit and FCC is lost…………...

Call Azamara again, speak to them and explain the situation,
Agent is confused says he will investigate it, on hold for a while, then comes back
on and says the other agent who I dealt with this has gone home so they will have to
call me tomorrow. 

Also log into my account, I now have NO bookings!!! Sure (hope!) it will all get sorted out but talk about making a mess of things when a bit of simple communication (should have called back to 1 confirm i wanted to go ahead and 2 explain how it would work) could have averted a lot of stress and confusion.

Hang in there and insist on speaking to a Supervisor.

We noticed a price drop on our B2B cruises and got our T.A. to approach Azamara  about the Price Guarantee pledge. After some back and forth Azamara honoured the new prices by way of Ship credit, would not refund any. We did not have to pay any fees ,did not lose any credits and are happy with the outcome. We will use it for really good excursions .

• Like 1

Yes - I think they have a new phone service with people who are new.  I had to argue for my OBC to be shifted to my new cruise after by Black Sea cruise was cancelled.  I told them it was them that changed the cruise obviously and I still had the same booking number so they could honour what they said when the changes were made.  Took  me over an hour on the phone but I got there in the end.

My reservation had to be cancelled and a new one created which is why I got 2 emails looking like I had lost my deposit and FFC and asking for another deposit, now been told when I just called that it can take 3-5 days for the deposit and FCC to be applied.

Point is, NO ONE had told me this? Hence my confusion and frustration yesterday, have asked they pass on to the supervisor/manager that everyone I have spoken with have been very professional and polite, but communication could have been better and saved a lot of hassle

Oh, and saying they couldn’t get hold of me by phone was bit lame! As I pointed out a simple and quick email or voice message to my mobile would have done the job as well........

Hope they get the point.

Edited by Hammer61
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Hammer61 said:

My reservation had to be cancelled and a new one created which is why I got 2 emails looking like I had lost my deposit and FFC and asking for another deposit, now been told when I just called that it can take 3-5 days for the deposit and FCC to be applied.

I've never tried to do this with Azamara direct – my TA has no problem making a change like this seamlessly and simultaneously.  [TAs have a different department to talk to – with presumably better trained reps...]

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

I've never tried to do this with Azamara direct – my TA has no problem making a change like this seamlessly and simultaneously.  [TAs have a different department to talk to – with presumably better trained reps...]

I also think non US agents find it harder to get connections than US agents- UK, Europe and Australia often report issues. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, uktog said:

I also think non US agents find it harder to get connections than US agents- UK, Europe and Australia often report issues. 

I think you are 100% correct , obviously time difference in reaching Azamara agent but also I think we ( in Australia) seem to get conflicting responses.I have found this with issues like Price Guarantee,transfers from Venice to Ravenna etc )

• Like 2

We’ve done many Azamara cruises since our first in 2012. We love the cruise experience with them. However, on almost every occasion there have been some issues around the booking or OBC or FCC (both quantum and application). Because of this we have booked direct for years, just so I can deal directly with them. They have always been a very frustrating organisation to deal with. Hopefully, when they are completely separated from RCI there may be some improvements in both communication and accuracy. Until I see evidence of this, through a seamless booking process, I’ll continue to book direct; despite the ever present difficulties in getting issues resolved. So, given the problems outlined in this thread, welcome to the club.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, uktog said:

Our Travel Agents still complain about untrained personnel and long hold times.  I had my agent check on a change the first one was good, the second cruise had fccs etc that it looked like there was little benefit.  My agent is pretty good about giving up OBC when there is still a net gain.  

They just redid a celebrity for me that gave me a better price plus more OBC.  Yes I lost some internet,but my loyalty status makes up for those!