More cruises or nicer cabins?

We are balcony only folks for now ! We do like to spend some ‘down time’ in our room and on the balcony. That being said we focus on the itinerary - cruises longer than seven days- port intensive in order to see more locations. That being said we do occasionally book a short sun break… but again with a balcony. 

8 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

I can’t say for others, but ours have been mostly balconies. Did 3 insides, 1 ocean view, will have my first 3 CP balconies in January. Some JR suites and GS thrown in. First cruise since restart was our first as D+ and will be pinnacle in either this February or the first week of March. If I would have booked more with the double points we would already be pinnacles.

Was this pre-covid or after?

I didn’t think to ask guest services but it probably wouldn’t have helped. The cabin attendant had his supervisor come to look at the situation. They said there weren’t any more mattresses. I didn’t really believe them but I just left it at that. 

The ship has spares of pretty much everything even the captain. Just be polite and friendly, ask for help and don't demand. Remember the old saying "you catch more with sugar than salt".

• Like 1

I feel the older you are, the more you should be comfortable.  I have friends who retired and cruised on the cheap.  Unfortunately they passed away much earlier then expected so never had the opportunity to cruise more.  While you shouldn’t squander your money, you make plans and sometimes they don’t happen.  Enjoy today!

• Like 1

On 7/9/2022 at 9:23 AM, cruisin from florida said:

After years of balconies with occasional JSs, we're now retired and have a lot more time to cruise. 

I'm thinking about switching to inside cabins going forward. Pros: save $$$, cruise more, sleep and nap well in nice dark cabin. Schooner Bar becomes our living room.

Cons: obviously, no balcony, no sea view, smaller cabins (so less pleasant to just hang out there).

What's your arithmetic? More cruise nights or nicer cabins?

(Obviously this is going to be based on personal preference, so there's no right or wrong answers... Or need for feuds 😁)

Active and happy to be onboard so quantity is important to us not rich! Always out dancing and enjoying the activities. We book inside unless a real deal for balconies.  I usually bid up and get lucky with a balcony.

Maybe when I’m older and trying to spend the kids inheritance I’ll become a ocean balcony person but for now love getting in 20,000 steps or more

dancing and activities.

Keep moving! 🙏

Keep cruising more is more not less!

Ok - I have to put by .02 in

I was a more cruise guy. OMG anytime I could take a cruise inside room, guarantee, what ever I was there.

Then I did something stupid. I tried my luck at the royal up and won. Didn't care about the room, I won the GENIE !!! 

The genie made my last cruise the most relaxing, stress free, worry for nothing, laid back, enjoyable, most fun cruise I have ever had !!!! - We did not want for anything !!! My wife has anxiety, that is controlled, but sometimes it kicks in even on vacation, and well having the Genie, NOT ONCE did she have even the slightest bit of it. 

No waiting in lines for ANYTHING, she didn't feel like going to the buffet with all the people, Sent out Genie a message and we had Steaks, hamburgers, ice cream bar and more brought to us and we ate at the dining table on the balcony.

I suggest trying it once - see if you love it or if its not worth the extra money then go back to multiple cruises.

We however are sold and instead of 3 cruise a year - we are doing 1 now, but each time it's with a genie.

Sky Loft 2023 and Royal Loft 2024 ( and I think we are going to squeeze one more in there somewhere.)

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, moreland281 said:

Then I did something stupid. I tried my luck at the royal up and won. Didn't care about the room, I won the GENIE !!! 

The genie made my last cruise the most relaxing, stress free, worry for nothing, laid back, enjoyable, most fun cruise I have ever had !!!! - We did not want for anything !!!

I keep looking at Star cabins, but every time I'm ready to pull the trigger, I see the prices 😮!  And then I know my wife would be forever (more) spoiled and demand that on every cruise.  I think for now, we'll just stick to GS/OS cabins.  Besides that, we prefer the mid-sized ships (Voyager/Freedom class).

On 7/9/2022 at 9:23 AM, cruisin from florida said:

After years of balconies with occasional JSs, we're now retired and have a lot more time to cruise. 

I'm thinking about switching to inside cabins going forward. Pros: save $$$, cruise more, sleep and nap well in nice dark cabin. Schooner Bar becomes our living room.

Cons: obviously, no balcony, no sea view, smaller cabins (so less pleasant to just hang out there).

What's your arithmetic? More cruise nights or nicer cabins?

(Obviously this is going to be based on personal preference, so there's no right or wrong answers... Or need for feuds 😁)

Fewer cruises on a nicer cruise line.  Celebrity at a minimum or step up to Oceania or above.

The last few cruises I find I spend less time on the balcony, basically 15 minutes here and there a couple times a day. I like and prefer it over an inside but unless I get it Royal Up or cheaply when booking it's not really worth it for me at double or triple the price.  Truthfully once you leave the room and shut the door you're now on exactly the same ship as those spending thousands more. Everybody has different priorities but for me more cruises for sure!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rudeney said:

I keep looking at Star cabins, but every time I'm ready to pull the trigger, I see the prices 😮!  And then I know my wife would be forever (more) spoiled and demand that on every cruise.  I think for now, we'll just stick to GS/OS cabins.  Besides that, we prefer the mid-sized ships (Voyager/Freedom class).

Cheaper to take your own "Genie".  Book a room for an adult kid, niece, nephew, grand child, sibling, etc. with the agreement that they are at your beck and call.  🙂

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Another_Critic said:

Cheaper to take your own "Genie".  Book a room for an adult kid, niece, nephew, grand child, sibling, etc. with the agreement that they are at your beck and call.  🙂

Yeah, but they can't bake you cakes that look like your beloved pet dog! 😜

12 minutes ago, rudeney said:

Yeah, but they can't bake you cakes that look like your beloved pet dog! 😜

Or bring you to booked shows and walk you in before anyone else LOL

they had 2 cakes for my wife and my mother in law on the last cruise in the room for their birthdays ( without asking LOL ) Alan took care of us.

One afternoon my wife didn't feel like going to dinner she wanted to lay out in the sun instead, when out genie came to dinner to check on us, he asked if she was ok, and I told him the story, he sent to the cabin - Steak, Pizza, fries, desserts, and more ( basically some of everything she liked on her wish list ) so she wouldn't miss dinner and could stay on the balcony in the sun )

• Like 1