NCL Breakaway Vibe beach club worth $209pp?

tqdrivenws6

My wife and I are going on a Western Caribbean cruise next February and are debating if the Vibe beach club is worth it. We are in a Balcony room. The debate is really if this is a best way to spend $418, since it has gotten so expensive it's tempting to not buy those passes and spend the money on various spa service etc. 

I realize this choice is different for everyone and am really only looking to hear opinions of those who have been in the Vibe beach club on the Breakaway, and if they felt it was/is worth the $418.

Do they still sell cabanas in there for approx $100 over the price of 2 people but included $100 of food credit?? I don't see any reference to this on NCLs website but have seen it in some different vlogs.

I’d say no, unless you just absolutely despise being around kids with a burning passion (and I can’t imagine there’s be that many families in a February cruise). Personally I’d rather spend the extra money and upgrade to a spa balcony (or mini suite) that includes access to the thermal spa.  Equally relaxing and actually provides you access to something you objectively don’t have access to already.  Nothing is stopping you from finding a chair away from the pool and chilling out with a drink (or just sitting on your balcony).

• Like 1

New England schools (and maybe others) have a week vacation in February so it’s entirely possible you’ll have lots of kids on your cruise. If having access to deck chairs and a nearby bar with no kids around sound good to you do it!  

The pool on Breakaway is tiny and the deck area is packed wall to wall with people and deck chairs. Lots of bickering and chair hogs so if you want to avoid that Vibe is worth it.  If you’re just as happy sitting on your balcony as laying on the deck, probably not.

Edited by raitch
  • Like 1

Breakaway, or that matter any ship in her class, Vibe is worth it.  But I am one of those people who really don’t enjoy being around kids on vacation.  The biggest draw to Vibe for me is that by the end of the week, I’ve always made great friends there.  More so than in the Haven, and definitely more than in the Thermal spa.  So to me yes it Is worth it.  I’ve been in the Vibe on the Breakaway, I believe it was during March though, and it was necessary and definitely added to the enjoyment of the cruise.

• Like 2

We've been in the Vibe twice on the Breakaway (Posh on the Epic) - worth every penny!!!  

February break is big in the NE - depending on the date - could be a lot of kids

We're debating whether it will be worth it on the Joy in October for 5 days 🤷‍♀️

Definitely worth it in May for my daughter and I. Loved not having to look for a lounger, plus the padding is a nice plus!  Staff will move umbrellas for you if you need/want shade. Fruit skewers and fruit infused ice water regularly provided.  If you drink, the bartenders entertain and there's usually a few shots to be had. The main pool was packed, Vibe was a refreshing respite