What's Your Princess Booking Fare/Package Preference

Jeter02

Booking Fare Survey: Which Cruise fare do you book? Standard / Plus / or Premiere  

115 members have voted

1. 1. Booking Fare Survey: Which Cruise fare do you book? Standard / Plus / or Premiere

• Princess Standard ( Cruise fare only, with no add on's)
    • Princess Plus (Cruise fare, gratuities, wifi, drink package)
    • Princess Premier (Cruise fare, gratitudes, wifi, drinks, 2 speciality dinning, photos, & princess prizes)

Just now, Nebr.cruiser said:

Since we don't, or rarely, drink, the basic fare is the only one that makes sense.  I've tried to see if the grats and internet make up for the drinks we won't use; so far it has never made sense.

I suppose if there was only a small difference, then we might have a pop or two or coffee, even maybe a drink, but since we normally don't need any of that, or want it, we'll take the cheaper price.

When they came out with the plus as being a regular option as a cruise fare option I've done the math in the past, and it makes zero sense fore to get it. I don't drink at all. With the elite status I get 50% off internet and then with the gratuities it just doesn't add up to the cost of the Plus. I did have a cruise I believe it was in March or possibly my February sailing where I did have the plus because there was a group rate with my travel agent and it just came out cheaper than the standard fare. I have to try real hard to pull out of my hat of what in the world to even order as a drink. Definitely was a challenge for me. 

• Haha 1

Just now, Jeter02 said:

When they came out with the plus as being a regular option as a cruise fare option I've done the math in the past, and it makes zero sense fore to get it. I don't drink at all. With the elite status I get 50% off internet and then with the gratuities it just doesn't add up to the cost of the Plus. I did have a cruise I believe it was in March or possibly my February sailing where I did have the plus because there was a group rate with my travel agent and it just came out cheaper than the standard fare. I have to try real hard to pull out of my hat of what in the world to even order as a drink. Definitely was a challenge for me. 

I get that entirely.  It's not that we are teetotalers, it's just not something we enjoy or need.  We are elite too, one more cruise to platinum, although that doesn't mean as much as it used to.  I think on one cruise I was pricing it might have made sense, being only a few dollars a day difference, but we ended up not booking that cruise anyway.

• Like 1

I had Princess Plus for the first time in February. I'm going back to the basic fare for my cruise next month. I will just drink fewer alcoholic beverages. If I could have used some OBC to help pay for the Plus package, it might have been more tempting. I have enough to cover my tips and two to four drinks a day, depending on what I order.

One of the glitches with booking drop and go fares is that Princess Plus can be more than the usual price. For my next cruise, it would have been $56.25 per day. It's gone up even more since then and would be $75 per day for people booking now and Premier is $100 per day.

I'll consider Plus for my next 7- to 10-day cruise if I can get it at $50 a day.

temp.jpg

1 minute ago, Nebr.cruiser said:

I get that entirely.  It's not that we are teetotalers, it's just not something we enjoy or need.  We are elite too, one more cruise to platinum, although that doesn't mean as much as it used to.  I think on one cruise I was pricing it might have made sense, being only a few dollars a day difference, but we ended up not booking that cruise anyway.

Hey, big Yankee fans here in Nebraska--the whole extended family--go figure!

• Like 1