Quantum of the seas large balcony cabin 10960

We were in 9690 on anthem nice big balcony but when the ship was underway and there was a stiff breeze the noise sounded like the arctic I think it’s because of the angle of the balcony 

4 hours ago, nicben said:

We were in 9690 on anthem nice big balcony but when the ship was underway and there was a stiff breeze the noise sounded like the arctic I think it’s because of the angle of the balcony 

You are  surrounded by way too much metal, balcony turns into a echo chamber. Had a big deep balcony on Radiance, hated it.

14 hours ago, taglovestocruise said:

You are  surrounded by way too much metal, balcony turns into a echo chamber. Had a big deep balcony on Radiance, hated it.

I'm hoping that since the balcony jets out more than other balconies it will be worth it. 

• 3 weeks later...

I am sorry but I did not take a pic of the balcony but it is XL, basically deeper than normal. I flaked and thought the question was if the bed or the couch was  near the balcony.. the bed is.  Whoever mentioned that this balcony is windy was correct.  I don't think it mattered because at times (on the way from Seattle to our first stop in Icy Strait Point) it was VERY windy.  So much so that we couldn't even go outside on the lower decks to walk and Deck 15 walking track was closed. Overall we enjoyed the cruise, room and balcony.  Our cruise was very foggy.  So much that it was like being in an airplane where you were in the clouds.  I didn't expect that but otherwise, mild weather in the 60s (f). 

I recently had booked four (4) rooms for our family group that were on floors 9 thru 11 on Quantum (Alaska inside passage).  Then another poster stated that due to the overhang above, the balconies on the upper floors did not get much direct sunlight during the day and it made for a cold place to sit. 

The cruise is not until June 2023, so there were still open rooms. I went and had the rooms changed to lower decks 6 and 7 (both port and starboard - same class room).  

12 minutes ago, fsufancc said:

Then another poster stated that due to the overhang above, the balconies on the upper floors did not get much direct sunlight during the day and it made for a cold place to sit. 

That is mainly only true of deck 13 - the ones below that should be fine.