Travel and Leisure readers Vote

CPT Trips

1 minute ago, PNFL said:

Hard to believe that Viking would beat both Tauck and Uniworld but really cannot say since I have only been on Uniworld.

As Wings55 suggests... with significantly more ships, thus customers, it makes sense that Viking can bring the votes to win. I believe Tauck and Uniworld have less than a dozen ships between them. Viking has like 70 plus! 😀

• Like 1

There's also no requirement in the Travel and Leisure voting [or any other magazine poll] that you have actually sailed on the ships you rate.  Therefore Viking's PBS commercials generate a lot of extremely positive votes [because, hey, nothing ever goes wrong on those commercials!]

Shameless plug:  that's why we are all here on Cruise Critic!  To get the real info from people who have actually sailed.  

And yes, most people who sail on Viking like it very much.  But so do most people who sail on Tauck, Uniworld, Scenic, AMA, Avalon, Vantage, Emerald...

• Like 1

All polls are subjective and the real nerdy experts will say that they can be skewed to provide the answers required. Someone tried to explain it to me and okay so I’m not that bright but I was lost after the first sentence. Then both my husband and eldest daughter (both then in marketing) said oh didn’t you know, such and such - such and such. So the question is are my husband and eldest daughter’nerdy’.

13 hours ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

And yes, most people who sail on Viking like it very much.  But so do most people who sail on Tauck, Uniworld, Scenic, AMA, Avalon, Vantage, Emerald...

…Grand Circle (another shameless plug 😉)

• Like 1